Battery won't charge but I have no power computer doesn't work it says it needs to restart in safe mode but won't.

NFG

Estimable
Oct 25, 2015
I left the Dell laptop on to download windows updates. When I turned it back on (it went into powersave) there is a yellow light flashing next to the battery sign and it won't work. Power goes to jack but doesn' charge. Laptop therefore can't even restart in safe mode.

Hi,

Please do try these following troubleshooting steps.

If there's light on the laptop (HDD,WIFI CAPS):
- Do a hard reset, remove the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Power the laptop but with just the AC adapter and see if boots up.
- Next is to connect and external monitor if available and see if you'll see any display from it because if you do there could be a problem with the actual display. Do also try to press the Windows key + P at the same time and select Display Only then press Enter.

If there's no light on the laptop:
- Reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure that they are all seated properly.
- Do also try to use another AC adapter or test it using a multi testing if it's supplying enough voltage to power the laptop.