Beats Electronics and Monster Part Ways

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
I can't help but laugh thinking about how many people buying these expensive headphones are probably listening to their songs in a 128 bit mp3 format

whooleo

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2010
If these head phones are decent then it won't really matter because most people don't listen to CD's/lossless audio...

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
However, with Beats accounting for a whopping 53-percent of the $1 billion headphone industry and audio products,

Think someone should check the numbers again. There's no possible way that they account for 53% of the headphone industry....maybe 53% of Monster's headphone business....but it's impossible for Beats to account for 53% of the headphone industry.

michaelahess

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
Screw 'em both. We all know how greedy monster is, the fact that Dre would ever partner with them is enough for me to never buy Beats products, even when they are no longer associated. Noel Lee is a bigger thief (taking advantage of stupid people intentionally is theft in my book) than Apple, and that's saying something.

nukemaster

Distinguished
[citation][nom]aaron88_7[/nom]I can't help but laugh thinking about how many people buying these expensive headphones are probably listening to their songs in a 128 bit mp3 format[/citation]
[citation][nom]whooleo[/nom]If these head phones are decent then it won't really matter because most people don't listen to CD's/lossless audio...[/citation]
Big thumbs up.

But come on, it is a style/status item for the most part. This is not to say they do not sound good, they actually sound pretty good.

Antimatter79

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Some of the Beats line of headphones are some of the worst sounding most overpriced 'phones that you can buy. Yes, Dre is an awesome producer, but apparently, the way he likes to listen to his music is not the way anyone who cares about sound quality would listen. Monster should focus on making more phenomenal sounding headphones like the Monster Turbine Copper Pros if they want to appeal to the folks who can actually appreciate quality sound as opposed to overwhelming low-end bass, or heavily boosted mid-bass, since things aren't working out with Beats by Dre. Even my wife loves her Non-Beats by Dre monster headphones, and notices how much better they sound than her old skull candy models, and she doesn't know the first thing about sound quality.

dietcreamsoda

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2011
I bought a length of zero gauge analog HDMI monster cable for listening to my mp3's. I don't keep the volume up too loud in case the phone book guy makes a surprise visit. I want to be ready in case that happens again. I advise you do the same.

agnickolov

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
@amuffin: I'm with you bro. All headphones in the house are Sennheiser save for my wife's Logitech headset at her computer (she uses that mostly for Skype, so great sound quality isn't needed). My headset is a Sennheiser PC 350 of course.

G

@wizloa me too...i use the ATH-M50's and a few DJ's swear by them. I think they reference music better. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.