Question beboot question

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
i have a hp elitebook 745 g6 amd ryzen 3500u g6 5 pro pc running win11 and now and then when i get on the nextdoor forums and try to do a topic reply or post the typing takes like forever. anyway i think i figured this out it only seems to be this site. anyway i may has figure out that issue. it seems that at night when i turn off my pc using the buttons it doesn not fully turn off. i have the pc connected to a hp dock station this is a hp2013 ultraslim dock station model d9y32aa#aba i push the dock station power button and it seems all that does is put the pc into a sleep mode. so after a few days my pc must be about out of memory and starts running slower. what gets my attention is the typing gets real slow.

so do i need a setting adjusted so that when i press that button it shuts the pc down or maybe i can use that button for sleep and the pc button for off. i know if i press the pc button for a looooong time it shuts down but that button is so small i have to use my fingernail to press it and it gets annoying.

so if i can use the pc button for a press for just sleep mode and the dock station button for shutdown that would be perfect. does anyone happen to know how to do this.