Behold the Skyrim Alduin Cake: FUS RO CAKE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
Fondant is gross... and it looks like they also put it overtop of the base.

Sure it looks great, but it probably tastes like poop.

I can just imagine the kids at the party "This is so awesome! I can't wait to try it" Eeewwww....

mouse24

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
[citation][nom]LORD_ORION[/nom]Fondant is gross... and it looks like they also put it overtop of the base.Sure it looks great, but it probably tastes like poop.I can just imagine the kids at the party "This is so awesome! I can't wait to try it" Eeewwww....[/citation]

Thats an opinion, I love icing... are fondant and icing the same thing?

bystander

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2009
[citation][nom]LORD_ORION[/nom]Fondant is gross... and it looks like they also put it overtop of the base.Sure it looks great, but it probably tastes like poop.I can just imagine the kids at the party "This is so awesome! I can't wait to try it" Eeewwww....[/citation]
From my experience with a mother who made cakes with lots of decoration, you generally do not eat the things made of hard frosting and just put it aside. While they are edible, they aren't really meant to be eaten.

ikyung

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Yeah those generic Fondant you get from some cheap grocery store cake taste awful. Like sweet wax or something. But, I have seen professional bakery cake use their own type of Fondant that actually tastes pretty good. Like... a creamy cookie dough type of flavor.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
Nice Cake but the first expansion for SkyRim is about to be released and it looks great. Tougher dragons, gargoyles, death trolls and armored hounds Crossbows, horseback fighting and vampires are in play. Sadly it looks like MS threw money at Betheda to release it for the Crapbox 360 first. What ever Bethesda, I will wait for the PC edition.
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/elder-scrolls-v/1224954p1.html

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
fondant is made from sugar syrup and icing sugar

icing is made from water and icing sugar

just because you dont like it doesnt mean others dont, most people like fondant

acerace

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]I'd rather have a less detailed cake that you can actually eat.[/citation]

Haters gonna hate. :ange:

G

It's all fun and games until someone gets their eye poked out trying to eat cake.

LORD_ORION

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2007
[citation][nom]shanky887614[/nom]fondant is made from sugar syrup and icing sugaricing is made from water and icing sugarjust because you dont like it doesnt mean others dont, most people like fondant[/citation]

That fondant is not poured fondant... what you are describing is what you'd find in the centre of a chocolate in france (you know real chocolate, not this oil and sugar crap you get in the US), and clearly this type cannot be molded.

Molded fondant contains gelatin and glycerin.

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
you have no idea how you make cakes do you

you can use fondant and sugar paste in the same way you use playdo

when the fondant dries it hardens and will hold its shape

you can make it bigger by using gum paste which will allow it to hold a bigger shape.

fondant is the same in every country although the name changes

you can either use sugar syrup or

boil sugar with water to make a sugar syrup

icing sugar is the same as well

you are talking about a ganache, even that is not difficult its just melted chocolate mixed with cream

of the way

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Fondant is (can be?) delicious. My wife makes amazing birthday cakes. For our sons, not me... But they're delicious and look amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS