Beijing Gets a 40-foot Optimus Prime

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
"Just because the second movie was awful and the third movie won't even have Megan Fox, that doesn’t mean we should lose all faith in Transformers."

Megan Fox IS what made the transformers movies awful

twu

Distinguished
Nov 6, 2007
[citation][nom]xerroz[/nom]"Just because the second movie was awful and the third movie won't even have Megan Fox, that doesn’t mean we should lose all faith in Transformers."Megan Fox IS what made the transformers movies awful[/citation]

What? no the name Chuck Norris got this movie suk
lol

p3t3or

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
"Just because the second movie was awful and the third movie won't even have Megan Fox, that doesn’t mean we should lose all faith in Transformers."
What about the first film being awful too?

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]ksampanna[/nom]The 2nd movie was NOT awful. But maybe because the reporter Jane being a woman, most of the stuff would've bounced right off her shiny skull. And unless she's a lesbo, I don't see her lusting for Megan Fox either.But good reconstruction of Optimus[/citation]

It's true. All of my opinions are somehow invalid because of my gender.

[citation][nom]vaughn2k[/nom]So when does jane replace Megan Fox?[/citation]

I think I'm more use to you guys doing what I do now. Besides, I don't know could my toolometer handle Shia LaBeouf in person.

donovands

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Established fact: Optimus Prime > All. Ergo, Optimus Prime > Gundam Suit. It's Prime people, the Japanese just got trumped. With their own creation no less.

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
[citation][nom]xophaser[/nom]Meagen is all right, but that Shia LaBeouf is annoying. can't stand him like with chip and sparkpug. More robots and less human. Hope it is base in cybertron like the game version is.[/citation]

shia LaBeouf wasn't too bad, I put it down to the writers wanting an annoying guy so you get feel the frustration of balancing everything in his life. In that sense it worked. Meagan Fox ruined the film almost IMO. Not only was every appearance cued with "21 guns" but also the character just didn't fit the film. It was almost as if she was put in just for the eye candy appeal.
I would love to see a full scale war with all 3 factions fighting it out =D

ravewulf

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
[citation][nom]Colonel_Curly[/nom]Firstly, Gundams use Beam Sabres so as to avoid a law suit.Secondly Optimus Prime can't stand up to any of the Gundam franchise.[/citation]
While I doubt Optimus could stand up to the heavy hitters like the Wing 0 Gundam [MS Gundam Wing] or the 00-Raiser Gundam (especially with Trans-AM) [MS Gundam 00], I wouldn't go saying ANY Gundam could beat Optimus (especially on a Transformers-centric article)

requiemsallure

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
lol, i just looked at my previous post and i think i quoted the wrong person... damn not being able to edit on toms guide. my point is still there though.

D2ModPlayer

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
What Megan Fox destroys with poor to nonexistent acting, she makes up for in looks. Shia LaBeouf is a better actor for sure, but he doesn't have as much backup as Fox does. He's annoying.

I enjoyed the second film more then the first, mainly because the bot battles are brought up a notch. In the end, it's about the transformers and not the people that go along with their schemes. I wouldn't care if they replaced all the actors (the ones playing people).

D2ModPlayer

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
What Megan Fox destroys with poor to nonexistent acting, she makes up for in looks. Shia LaBeouf is a better actor for sure, but he doesn't have as much backup as Fox does. He's annoying.

I enjoyed the second film more then the first, mainly because the bot battles are brought up a notch. In the end, it's about the transformers and not the people that go along with their schemes. I wouldn't care if they replaced all the actors (the ones playing people).

G

China has finally succeed in its efforts to produce the most toxic toy ever, as chemicals leaking off the junk in the their new Giant Optimus Prime figurine have made it to the water-table causing undo sickness.
Positive note only $14 of parts were used with $2 of labor (between 542 employees) were used to complete their knock-off of Japan's Gundam

irh_1974

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2010
[citation][nom]AprioSucks[/nom]america can only built a 40 foot fence around mexico[/citation]
And it still isn't good enough to keep them in
That's why Mexico doesn't have an Olympic team.
Cos anyone who can run, jump or swim is already in America.

Mysteic

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2009
How does wasting several thousand pounds of recycled metal NOT being used for pratical stuff that people now have to buy made of new metal encourage recycling?

I am going to encourage recycling too. I am going to take thousands of pounds of paper and sticking it in a large glass contain with a sign that says, "Recycled paper and S%^& Yo!"

blazeorangeman

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
This is what needs to happen...fire Michael Bay and ban him from Hollywood, he is what made the Transformers movies horrible.

Hollywood needs to hand any sort of rights to a Gundam movie over to Peter Jackson. Enough said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS