Best $100 gaming headset

Davian_Thule

Honorable
Feb 5, 2013
I just built a new computer, and I need to now what is the best headset for gaming. It has to have a mic, be designed to use it (like some have it where the headset plays your voice in the speakers so you don't talk to loud), and preferably have a wireless option. It needs to be compatible with pc and xbox (though universal compatibility is a plus). I would also like it not to look stupid. I have never shopped for headphones before (I just use the cheapo $20 pair) so I really have no idea what to look for besides what I mentioned. $100 is my price range.

Right now, I am looking at the Afterglow Universal Wireless Headset - Green ($90)

ilikegirls

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2009

audioranger

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
the audio-technica ath-m50 + clipon mic would be a good option for that price, but it's wired and doesn't support surround (if that even matters)

i don't know of a decent cross-platform model for under $100 that are also wireless.

Tactic 3D omega - if you're willing to go $30 higher, this is one of the only other good wireless models out there that'll work on all platforms and don't cost $300 like the astro a40/a50s

good luck man!