Best 2-in-1 laptop for mild gaming

Yoshis95

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013
Hello, im looking for a good 2-in-1 laptop for more of an office / art use, but at the same time capable of running games on low settings, like starcraft 2, SWTOR, or xcom 2. I already have a dedicated gaming desktop, so i dont necessarily need a beastly gaming laptop, but im looking for the best happy medium.

I'm leaning heavily towards the HP spectre x360 15t with the Nvidia MX150, but i also hear lots of good things about the lenovo yoga 720 with the nvidia GTX 1050. The acer Nitro 5 Spin would be a good option, but the reviews on it are fairly poor, with reports of bad throttling due to poor cooling.

My main issue with lenovo though is the quality seems to be lacking a bit, and I've seen multiple reports of faulty screens with lenovo. But anyways, I look forward to hearing any suggestion y'all might have.
Thanks!

Solution

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

The yoga has major thermal throttling issues so don't get that one.

Whats the budget here and what do I need to look out for when looking for one for you?

Solution

Yoshis95

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013

I could probably go up to $1500, but would prefer to keep it around $1000. Also i like the style of the convertibles rather than the detachable style.

Edit: i went with the hp spectre i7 with AMD vega graphics. Thanks for helping me rule out the lenovo. The hp seems to be the best of both worlds

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

Sorry I missed this post but luckaly you chose a good one.

Yoshis95

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013

Thanks. So far its been great. It runs XCOM 2 on mostly max settings smoothly and just gets a small lag spike here and there. I even got it to run space engineers.