best antivirus for 2015.....

siddharth007

Estimable
Nov 16, 2014
hey guys .. i was using norton internet security and its subscription just finished....
so im going to byu i a new one . I was thinking of buying the same one ...
the i thought that its 2015 just coming and i should look for some other options too ...
so tell me if my choice is good to buy the same one or to look for some other .plz recommend me some .. AND I AM FROM INDIA....budget is the same upto Rs.1000

Solution
There are some many assorted free AVs out there, from Avira, AVG, Avast, Comodo, 360, etc., I just could not see paying for one, especially if it was my money! (I currently use 360TS and Personal Firewall, and like the combo so far...

anti-duck

Estimable
Feb 18, 2014
I find most paid anti malware applications to just be bloated and a lot of completely free solutions do the job adequately and without the bloatiness such as BitDefender as mentioned above and I would recommend Malwarebytes anti-malware (or MBAM). If you really want to pay for one, I always liked Trend Micro Titanium which is quite lightweight as far as paid anti malware programs go.

milkod2001

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
There are many free editions so check 30 days free trials of something like: Kaspersky, Eset Smart Security and buy the one you liked the most. Remember free editions are better then nothing but for full protection you better buy one.

mdd1963

Distinguished
There are some many assorted free AVs out there, from Avira, AVG, Avast, Comodo, 360, etc., I just could not see paying for one, especially if it was my money! (I currently use 360TS and Personal Firewall, and like the combo so far...

Solution

HST_James6666

Estimable
Apr 7, 2014
For 2014 it was considered to be Bitdefender I believe (online benchmarking), paid version tend to have useless features like "live internet search bar protection" which is basically bloatware and slows everything down. The free versions contain the things you actually want and use I have always found.

Bitdefender free edition is very good as well, I believe with regards to performance, I use it and find it has no effect on the system. I used to use AVG but got fed up of their useless add-ons and therefore would not recommend them.

Do not use Norton, as it does make it impossible to modify files that it thinks have a virus, also it tends to block applications that it thinks are dangerous, for example MyDefrag, this would be ok if you could undo that block but you can't.