best antivirus out right now?

sadab0

Estimable
Aug 31, 2014
im using bitdefender, mbam and zemana antilogger together but i really dont like bitdefender so what else is there? all the review sites say different things

Solution
Well, just about any paid solution from a known supplier is good, really.

I took Bitdefender, for example, they have this nice Autopilot mode, where it does stuff by itself depending on what you do, it automatically switches between gaming mode and general and such. It seems to be lightweight, but my system is pretty powerful.

As antivirus, I have no complaints about it.

But really, just look for a decent deal on any good antivirus and you will be ok.

Edit: And I just noticed that you have Bitdefender and don't like it... just kill it and trial something else, you don't really need to pay to try and see how it goes.

galactigus

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
Idk what the best is I use Avast Free and have been for years and never had a problem with viruses of course i'm very cautious while browsing online and I think one of the biggest helpers in reducing viruses is adblock plus because it stops a lot of potential popups that can lead you to viruses.

sadab0

Estimable
Aug 31, 2014

already have adblock plus, just looking for something that has good detection and a nice UI thats not so hard to use with options to run updates on a hourly basis and schedule scans.

Gaidax

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
Well, just about any paid solution from a known supplier is good, really.

I took Bitdefender, for example, they have this nice Autopilot mode, where it does stuff by itself depending on what you do, it automatically switches between gaming mode and general and such. It seems to be lightweight, but my system is pretty powerful.

As antivirus, I have no complaints about it.

But really, just look for a decent deal on any good antivirus and you will be ok.

Edit: And I just noticed that you have Bitdefender and don't like it... just kill it and trial something else, you don't really need to pay to try and see how it goes.

Solution

sadab0

Estimable
Aug 31, 2014

i found that bitdefender was actually good, the reason i didnt like it before was because it kept asking me to close firefox and i thought that it was because i was starting to run a scan. I found out that this was not the case but i still dont know why it was asking me to close firefox, well anyway its pretty good, i just wish i could schedule updates and like i do with mbam because right now i have it on autopilot.

galactigus

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
Avast updates virus definitions like every day automatically and will tell you if you need to update the program itself usually that doesn't need to be done very often and the popups can be turned off if they get annoying, I believe it scans actively so you don't need to schedule scans because the system is constantly being scanned and it has blocked several sites I've clicked on that could potentially contain viruses. There is the option to run quick scans and full system scans however.

sadab0

Estimable
Aug 31, 2014

yea the UI on bitdefender isnt the best so i guess i just gotta deal with, id rather have a more dependable antivirus over a massively tweakable one.

sadab0

Estimable
Aug 31, 2014

indeed, it does, but it also has a number of false positives i see, bitdefender didnt have any at all.