Best Bang for the Buck Gaming Laptop

KDLH

Honorable
Jul 10, 2013
Hi,
I've had a gaming desktop for a few months now (SPECS: I5 4670k, 8GB DDR3 1600mhz RAM, GTX 970 strix) and its brilliant, however there is one issue, I'm stuck at my desk, duh. Sometimes I just want to lay in bed or go outside of my room and still be able to browse the web ect. So I started looking at laptops, I found a few decent ones that is perfect for what I need for about £300. But then I got thinking, every month or so I go around my friends house and we have lan party for a day or two. Its a lot of fun but the hassle of taking down your set up, setting it up, taking it back down and setting it back up is just annoying. So I thought it would be handy to get a gaming laptop to take to the lans. After some research if I want a top spec gaming laptop I'm looking at £2000. However I don't want the highest spec laptop, I want something that would do mid-range gaming, something that would sit comfortably on medium settings, but also I don't want to hold the group back by not having a powerful enough machine to play certain games. My budget is no more then £800. So far it seems our favourite games to play at the LAN are co op zombie games like 7 days to die, left for dead 2, dayz and sometimes minecraft, payday 2 and C&C.
So thanks for reading this paragraph and if you guys got any suggestions that please help me out! Thank you!

Solution
Look into the 15" G551LM ASUS or the Lenovo Y50 series. They commonly go on sale in that price range. (right now a little north of the £900 mark though)

I think MSI may have a similar offering, but I'm not familiar with their laptops.. Most of them tend to have 850M or 860M chips, they will play games at medium to high settings pretty well.

CraigN

Honorable
Aug 15, 2013
Look into the 15" G551LM ASUS or the Lenovo Y50 series. They commonly go on sale in that price range. (right now a little north of the £900 mark though)

I think MSI may have a similar offering, but I'm not familiar with their laptops.. Most of them tend to have 850M or 860M chips, they will play games at medium to high settings pretty well.

Solution