Best BASIC laptop for at home

haydster2

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016
I'm trying to find a decent latop for under $300 that is well round and capable of watching YouTube and movies constantly. I do this a lot but I don't want to continue sitting in front of my computer, I would like something a little more.. mobile haha. I would also like to use it for school just for internet (WITHOUT MICROSOFT PROGRAMS LIKE WORD.. because I don't need that.) I do not want to play games, nor do I need it for editing or anything. Just a basic movie and YouTube watching laptop that isn't too big or too small in screen size. Preferably 1080p. Thank you!

Jason_157

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016
Like Robert said, if all you're gonna do is watch youtube and some movies, the best choice would be to get a tablet. But if you insist on getting a laptop, that Toshiba notebook you were looking at should get the job done :)

IdleTitan

Commendable
Aug 7, 2016
Great advice from Robert... A big tablet really seems better than anything else for your use case. You can even take it outside to watch your favorite series or w/e.

haydster2

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016

Maybe you're right but I've just never liked not having an actual keyboard, and I would like something that could actually stay upright. Thanks for the insight, I'll look into them but i'm still taking suggestions as to what I should get. What i'm looking at right now are these: https://www.sierracomponent.com/products/computers-latops/laptops/hp-j9m23uar-pavilion-15-f010dx-15-6-touch-screen-888793547823/#prettyPhoto https://www.blinq.com/detail/electronics/laptops-tablets/pc-laptops-netbooks/toshiba-13-3-chromebook-2-16ghz-4gb-16gb-chrome-os-plm02u-009008/731148?condition=factory-refurbished&adpos=1o2&creative=109273956487&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CjwKEAjwrcC9BRC2v5rjyvSbhWASJACKkjDzMs_d6BF6jfPwsFsDqnc11SRYzd7o4p8EkhbAt1cq0BoCM7bw_wcB

Jason_157

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016
Like Robert said, if all you're gonna do is watch youtube and some movies, the best choice would be to get a tablet. But if you insist on getting a laptop, that Toshiba notebook you were looking at should get the job done :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
P Laptop General Discussion 2
C Laptop General Discussion 1
A Laptop General Discussion 5
M Laptop General Discussion 1
S Laptop General Discussion 19
M Laptop General Discussion 1
B Laptop General Discussion 2
I Laptop General Discussion 8
A Laptop General Discussion 7
P Laptop General Discussion 10
L Laptop General Discussion 1