Best BASIC laptop for at home

haydster2

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016
I'm trying to find a decent latop for under $300 that is well round and capable of watching YouTube and movies constantly. I do this a lot but I don't want to continue sitting in front of my computer, I would like something a little more.. mobile haha. I would also like to use it for school just for internet (WITHOUT MICROSOFT PROGRAMS LIKE WORD.. because I don't need that.) I do not want to play games, nor do I need it for editing or anything. Just a basic movie and YouTube watching laptop that isn't too big or too small in screen size. Preferably 1080p. Thank you!

Solution
Like Robert said, if all you're gonna do is watch youtube and some movies, the best choice would be to get a tablet. But if you insist on getting a laptop, that Toshiba notebook you were looking at should get the job done :)

IdleTitan

Commendable
Aug 7, 2016
Great advice from Robert... A big tablet really seems better than anything else for your use case. You can even take it outside to watch your favorite series or w/e.

haydster2

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016

Maybe you're right but I've just never liked not having an actual keyboard, and I would like something that could actually stay upright. Thanks for the insight, I'll look into them but i'm still taking suggestions as to what I should get. What i'm looking at right now are these: https://www.sierracomponent.com/products/computers-latops/laptops/hp-j9m23uar-pavilion-15-f010dx-15-6-touch-screen-888793547823/#prettyPhoto https://www.blinq.com/detail/electronics/laptops-tablets/pc-laptops-netbooks/toshiba-13-3-chromebook-2-16ghz-4gb-16gb-chrome-os-plm02u-009008/731148?condition=factory-refurbished&adpos=1o2&creative=109273956487&device=c&matchtype=&network=g&gclid=CjwKEAjwrcC9BRC2v5rjyvSbhWASJACKkjDzMs_d6BF6jfPwsFsDqnc11SRYzd7o4p8EkhbAt1cq0BoCM7bw_wcB

Jason_157

Commendable
Aug 4, 2016
Like Robert said, if all you're gonna do is watch youtube and some movies, the best choice would be to get a tablet. But if you insist on getting a laptop, that Toshiba notebook you were looking at should get the job done :)

Solution