Best Budget Video Editing Software?

CreepyBobo346

Estimable
Dec 6, 2014
I want to get back into uploading YouTube videos (I haven't uploaded in about 2 months) but I don't have a good editing software.

I want my videos to look like they were edited by a professional editing software but the editing software is "cheap."

My friend uses Sony Vega Pro 13 (I think), but I think he searched up a free version. (Don't ask anything about this...)
And since I'm not a piece of crap I want to buy the software.

My budget is $350 (hence "cheap"), I know that's not really a budget but I know that some editing programs that are over $500.
So can anyone tell me the best editing program for my budget?

Solution
If you want to try a video editing solution from Adobe try Adobe Premiere. While After Effects (AE) will allow you to some editing it is meant for adding effects and not meant to be a video editing program in the traditional sense of a video editor. Premiere and After Effects are available on a subscription basis. You could try one or both for a month and decide whether or not you want to continue the subscription. If you don't like the subscription model then you could try a trial version of Sony Vegas.

FestiveLlama

Estimable
Aug 30, 2015
Hit Film 3 Express. I'm gonna sound like a bot when I say this but its completely free and it's pretty powerful. You should give it a try and if you don't like it no harm done :D Good Luck on your search!

If you want to try a video editing solution from Adobe try Adobe Premiere. While After Effects (AE) will allow you to some editing it is meant for adding effects and not meant to be a video editing program in the traditional sense of a video editor. Premiere and After Effects are available on a subscription basis. You could try one or both for a month and decide whether or not you want to continue the subscription. If you don't like the subscription model then you could try a trial version of Sony Vegas.

Solution