Best Buy, Future Shop Accidentally Sold Fake iPad 2s in Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
^^ ]

until they get busted, the scammers are kinda stupid. I live in Canada, when you return something the take down all your information and stuff etc. just in case this kinda stuff happens. I had to show drivers license to prove my ID when returning a $400 tv

techoi

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2011
[citation][nom]ko888[/nom]Yes they do. They're owned by Best Buy.[/citation]

I don't know what is worse...People being shocked that you still exist or being owned by Best Buy. Tough call ;-)

slicedtoad

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
^future shop is our main overpriced/pushy-salesman computer store up here in the cold north. Bestbuy is almost as big now and just as overpriced but the salesmen don't work on commission.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]SneakySnake[/nom]^^ ]until they get busted, the scammers are kinda stupid. I live in Canada, when you return something the take down all your information and stuff etc. just in case this kinda stuff happens. I had to show drivers license to prove my ID when returning a $400 tv[/citation]

you must be the only one they never asked for my info at any time returning something. i just give them my receipt and thats all

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]slicedtoad[/nom]^future shop is our main overpriced/pushy-salesman computer store up here in the cold north. Bestbuy is almost as big now and just as overpriced but the salesmen don't work on commission.[/citation]

its still one of the best chins in Canada. heck i can find many items cheaper at futureshop then at wally world

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
LOL... they paid the price for the fruity box. Guys, that IS the actual price for the fruity box. The device is extra, if you still want it. ROFL.

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
No love for scammers (including Media moguls, Hollywood - SOPA) - but such tactics is not new, but so many is a group or a few guys.

I remember a scammer screwing himself about 10 years ago. A kid came onto the Nvidia newsgroup who was confused as to WHY the GeForce 5200 he bought from BB/Walmart said it was a GeForce 4200 on the POST screen / drivers. We quickly figured out that some jerk did a bate and switch to do a "free upgrade".

Many people may not know or remember, but back then - the GF5200 was a SERIOUS downgrade compared to the GF4200... even the 5600 was below par. DX9 doesn't make up for the crappy performance. And worse yet, the 4200 was a $80~100 card and the much smaller 5200 was $100! 5600 was about $160.

Needless to say, we told the kid he lucked out and to keep the card. :)

nukemaster

Distinguished
[citation][nom]belardo[/nom]No love for scammers (including Media moguls, Hollywood - SOPA) - but such tactics is not new, but so many is a group or a few guys.I remember a scammer screwing himself about 10 years ago. A kid came onto the Nvidia newsgroup who was confused as to WHY the GeForce 5200 he bought from BB/Walmart said it was a GeForce 4200 on the POST screen / drivers. We quickly figured out that some jerk did a bate and switch to do a "free upgrade".Many people may not know or remember, but back then - the GF5200 was a SERIOUS downgrade compared to the GF4200... even the 5600 was below par. DX9 doesn't make up for the crappy performance. And worse yet, the 4200 was a $80~100 card and the much smaller 5200 was $100! 5600 was about $160.Needless to say, we told the kid he lucked out and to keep the card.[/citation]
So glad you added that part. I remember all kinds of people going on about how much faster there 5200 cards are. It made me laugh and continue to use my good olde ti4200.

JeTJL

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
Didn't Newegg accidentally sell fake core i7 processors a while ago?

It wasn't Newegg's fault or Future Shop's fault that this happened. It's their supplier who gave them these fakes.

Status
Not open for further replies.