Best Buy Threatens Priest's ''God Squad'' Car

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I call troll. not for the story, but for the world entire. It's all just getting too silly.

mpavao81

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2008
I never did like Best buy, this just makes me dislike them even more. Ive had problems with warranty issues and return issues that made me hate them already, ill never shop there again. And i cant believe they would stoop this low, this is just sick.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
This could be a PR nightmare of epic proportions. What if the Catholic church urges its followers to boycott Best Buy... not that I condone shopping there to begin with.

G

Actually they are selling something...a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. But its free, and Best buy is totally not okay with that.

carouser

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010
Best Buy corporate isn’t scared to slap anyone with a cease-and-desist letter; even if it’s a Messenger of the Lord.

Best Buy is sticking to their guns, although they said it’s “very difficult,” decision to make. We’re sure. Looks like it’s Geeks: 1, God: 0.

http://scallywagandvagabond.com/2010/08/father-luke-strands-god-squad-isnt-much-liked-by-retailer-best-buy/

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
I wonder which would be more costly to Best Buy - ignoring what they saw as a trademark violation (why do they need to brand their technicians with something other than their company logo anyway?) or the negative press they will get for trying to enforce it...

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
So how many Catholic Priests can you fit in a VW? Looks like five if you don't the fat one (second from the right) as two. Of course, that doesn't include the young boys in the trunk.

All jokes aside, even as an atheist, (and a Wisconsinite), Best Buy ought to give it a rest. No one is going to confuse the God Squad with their overpriced / undereducated geek squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.