Best Cellphone Monitoring Software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2018
MM Guardian seemed like a great app, but my 14-year-old son uninstalled it easily. (It doesn’t help that there are all kinds of how-to’s on the Internet.) I am waiting for a response from the company on what they’re going to do. Unfortunately, it seems most kids will always be more tech-savvy than parents.

May 4, 2018
Tom's Guide: really annoyed that the great and helpful comment I wrote got erased when I submitted. If you're going to make someone login BEFORE submitting a comment, the least you could do is save what's submitted so someone doesn't have to retype the whole darn thing!!!

May 14, 2018
Kaspersky Safe Kids.

It has free and premium features. The premium license is less than $20 a year, and is free to download.

I can block either by certain times, or by usage time. It can be set up to either block completely, or just warn the child. You can either ban certain apps, or ban all but the ones you've whitelisted.

If your child tried to access an app not allowed on their device, it shows up as a "request" on your own device, and you can approve it there.

It's very powerful for its price point, but the UI could use a bit of polish. If you're moderately competent them you can easily figure it all out, though.

Oct 2, 2018
I want to admit Time Boss for Android also. Despite the fact that the main purpose of the
app to do remote computer support, multifunctional features of Time Boss
let one use the application as remote parental control software.
What makes it easy is absolute ease of use.

Oct 10, 2018
I have tried Norton Premium and I see great disadvantage of not supporting Microsoft edge browser, (as of today they say it only support http sites ot https sites) but we cannot disable this browser in windows 10, which means it is easy to skip monitoring when this browser is launched, so here the ratings and cons list should be adjusted, they complain microsoft edge browser is too secure to implement monitoring and hence they will recommend to disable it! (which is not possible) and they want people still pay money for it!!

Dec 22, 2018
Why does this article say it's been published today (12/21/2018), when I'm getting comments from 7 months ago?

Jan 3, 2019
I did not realise there are so many parental control apps! I am using The familyTime for android and
IOS for about half a year and its working fine for my kids.

Jan 4, 2019
I had used Screen Time Parental Control for over 3 years when my kids had Androids. One finally got an iPhone and it does not transfer to iOS well which is super disappointing as it was feature laden and easy to use. The feature i liked the most i cannot seem to find in any other app, is the "Block access to newly downloaded apps" - this gives ability to allow the child to download an app but has no access to using it until the Parent unblocks it. This seems like an essential "Parental Control" feature but i cannot find it in other apps, especially for iOS devices. Anyone know of an app with this feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.