Best Cloud Backup Services 2018

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2018

because they are not backups they are file mobility solutions they dont keep permanenet retention on files and only now have added in file versioning.

Jan 23, 2019
IDrive is a useless tool once you have to restore your data. It restores everything, including deleted and moved files and folders, so to make it an impossible job to have a reliable set of data. During its uploads it ADDS ONLY data, does not change it if the user has. Think of how many changes one can make during the years! How can this be acceptable software? Once you need your data and fast you are given a dump of data that does not make sense. Not fit for purpose.

Brad_53

Prominent
Feb 24, 2017
I'm on the CrashPlan Small Business account since they killed the consumer service. While CrashPlan has been great, I'm planning to move to Backblaze soon to save about half my cost. I also have a local backup and two hard drives mirroring my data.

I may try to rig a backup to an external drive that is automatically powered up just for the backup.

1) Mirrored Data
2) Internal Backup
3) External Backup
4) Online Backup

I may be borderline nuts.

Paul Wagenseil

Senior Editor
Apr 11, 2014

Have you had better luck with other cloud-backup solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.