Best Drones 2014 (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

91gcathy

Estimable
Dec 6, 2014
Hey guys - I decided to get my first drone - a JJRC H8C 2.4G 4CH 6 Axis RC Quadcopter With 2MP Camera RTF - a good little thing that doesn't break my bank if something happens to it but has a nice camera that I like to implement.

However, I've been meaning to get another battery to charge up and use when the battery in it has died. However, I have not the faintest idea where to get these other batteries. Does any know where I can buy another rechargeable batter that will fit my drone?

Ewhitten1980

Estimable
Mar 8, 2015
Most of the drones on this list aren't that good. Some are but some have me questioning the validity and experience of the author. Where is the yuneec q500 on this list? Where is the 3d robotics iris+ on this list? Seems to me like this is a sponsored post as the two quads I just mentioned are two of most talked about quads outside the Phantom. This list seems bogus and/or I have a lot of RC experience. I've taken a screen shot to post all over the place, in case this post gets deleted.... Bc if it does...that means comments are censored. If comments are censored, then you know this list is rigged.

Ewhitten1980

Estimable
Mar 8, 2015
I guess that makes sense... I guess my question would be how an article can claim what the best is... If they aren't all clearly listed. I mean some of the quads in the list which I won't name are really subpar.. So I'm trying to understand what determined the selection? It just doesn't look good to those experienced in this hobby who know what from what. For me... It's an issue bc I've used some of these lists in other fields I'm not well versed in. Now I question the credibility of the other lists on this site. Not trying to bash or anything... I hope you understand my point here.

Stuntman75

Estimable
Mar 9, 2015
Needs to be noted, that the Author states that the Hubsan H107L does not have a removable battery. This is false. You can buy spares and switch them out all day long.

sslewis

Estimable
Apr 30, 2015
My needs are a bit different: we are surveying gold mining sites in Zambia. rugged country. so I need something that has a significant range. what can you guys suggest?

jpishgar

VP, Global Community
Jan 5, 2010
Parrot's Bebop, aka the AR Drone 3.0, with the Skycontroller has a range of 2 kilometers - and might serve your purpose. Your other main consideration will likely be durability, but that's tougher to gauge in drones.

-JP

MY8S

Estimable
May 1, 2015
Why is there no mention of flight time / battery duration?
I am looking for a decent simple quad with a longer flight time than 10 minutes..
Most that I have looked at are between 5 and 10 minutes.
It would be helpful to let the people know which have the longest flight and which have interchangeable batteries.

walt_k

Estimable
May 6, 2015
This is clearly an article written with hot-links to purchase products. It has nothing to do with an honest and fair assessment of the 'best' drones of 2015. Walt

debin rai

Estimable
May 12, 2015
we are just a high school student and are in gorkha ,nepal(one of the most earthquake affected area) . we are doing social service to the victims from our club. and we also want to make documentry about the sudden broke of earthquake on april 25, 2015 in nepal. we dont know much about you guys, but where ever you guys are , might probably know about the present sisuation of nepal. so which type of drone would you guys like to suggest us.
thanks

Adam William

Estimable
May 14, 2015
Most drones are a 2 hour charge time followed by a max of 7-25 minute fly time. Why anyone is spending hundreds of $$$ for such a poor battery life is beyond me. Drones need a few more years development imo.

Mivan47

Estimable
May 19, 2015
Another consideration is the type of motor magnet being used. The neodymium magnets lose strength over time. I have some very expensive German motors that can attest to that. I am planning to build my own drone and intend to use samarium-cobalt motors sourced from astroflight.

ardkoore

Estimable
May 21, 2015
I can relate always want a drone finally find one under $500 with hd cam and gps fly for 30 + minute and have a extra battery don't spend over $800 for no drone personally it dos not worth it and when shopping seek out flying time very important some company dos not mention it .

Paganson

Estimable
May 25, 2015
Well the obvious Quad for a beginner would be the Syma X5C or the X-11 Hornet ... hands down to most stable and durable Quads for the price. Then perhaps a step up to the Syma x8c to get the feel of flying larger quads then up to Hobby Quality models like the Wltoys V303 or the Cheerson x-20 for GPS capabilities .

Status
Not open for further replies.