Best DVD Copy Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bdad

Honorable
Nov 27, 2013
We use Makemkv and play back to TV's wirelessly using a Plex server. Simple, easy to use, single file

cmartin011

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2010
How about dvdfab? Been using that for long time with handbrake after the free trial runs out on conversion but still works well for ripping and copy.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
I use AnyDVD. Have to check out Nero Recode. I've been using Handbrake which is great but sometimes picky with profiles.

Darkk

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2003
The newest version of Nero Recode does it encode sub-titles as part of the .mp4 file? Biggest pet peeve is converting the DVDs / Blu-Rays into single file format that also includes the sub-titles that can be streamed from my NAS to DLNA devices. Have to go through several steps to do one thing. Other than ripping DVDs with AnyDVD wanted a program that can read the files and convert them into a single file with sub-titles. Any ideas?

I've tried all the major ones including DVDFab, Nero Recode 9-12 and I use DVDdecrypter + Handbrake mostly.

Also use MKVtoolnix for muxing, and used DVDdecryter + imgburn to create a full ISO image (nothing touched) on the WDTV Live Hub's hard drive to playback exactly like a DVD player would.

M

M.Spoonauer

Thanks for your comments. We're on the lookout for new DVD copy software to test.

wdmfiber

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
Having them on HDD in .iso format is the way to go. With the physical disc tucked away in a closet. The only discs you should tolerate this "day in age" are Blu-rays.

HDMI to TV. VLC player riddled with errors and crashes??? That's an easy fix, stability is now the norm.

spectrewind

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
@Bdad...

I tried that. The generic MKVs result in very large files. (MKV is a generic container type for multiple codecs).

IMO, you would be better served by transcoding them into high quality H.264 MKVs (and someday into H.265 when it becomes available).

Get some of your disk space back.

spectrewind

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2009
I'll put in my two cents for DVDFAB 8/9.

I can backup my son's DVD & BR movies onto consumer media that I don't mind him destroying. I have it installed on a system with an NVidia SLI setup, and this software will do GPU transcoding. Saves a good deal of time.

Guojing Yong

Honorable
Dec 18, 2013
if you still don't know which one to choose, you can visit HelpChoose.net which analyze all the professional data of each kind of software, such as internet popularity, editors and users rating of top 15 review sites and so on. More info:http://www.helpchoose.net/,http://www.helpchoose.net/dvd-copy-software/

Status
Not open for further replies.