Best FREE video editing software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThatAfricanDude

Estimable
Nov 3, 2014
Since i have to fight a currency, i cant really afford 19.99/mo for adobe after effects, not right now atleast, so whats the best free video editing software?

Solution

Unless you can find an older version of After Effects (such as CS6) you will have to subscribe as their products are only available via a subscription. I would not recommend After Effects for video editing. It is great for creating efects but is not designed for editing. If you want to use an Adobe product Then I would suggest Premiere Pro. One alternative to...

mamasan2000

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Handbrake, VirtualDub etc. Theres a couple.

Heres a list of more
http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/test-centre/photo-video/3512375/14-best-free-video-editing-software-2015-uk/

I don't edit as such, I just convert so time it takes to do that is important to me. Handbrake is fast and in Virtualdub it depends on plugin, if it is multicore or not. VirtualDub has support for h263 etc. It's not just AVI. If you have a Codec for the format, VitualDub should support it.

andybob

Estimable
Nov 5, 2014
take a look a the stuff from black magic design, I use resolve to grade footage and occasionally other editing stuff but you'll want to add dome openfx plugins to it, some are free like the red giant universe pack and thats pretty nice. you can also get BM fusion or blender if you want fancy animated stuff in your videos

STFLightning

Estimable
Feb 1, 2015
If you're on a Mac iMovie works fine, not amazing, you won't get über pro editing out of it, but it does it well enough. If you're on Windows or hate iMovie, then Lightworks is the way to go. Be warned though, Lightworks is a hard program to get to grips with, ease of use isn't really a thing with freeware.

ThatAfricanDude

Estimable
Nov 3, 2014
thanks for all the help guys, i want to start youtube, and when i have progressed somewhat and get donations or whatever it would all go back into the channel, for example better editing software, also does anyone know of a video editing software such as adobe after affects, or better, which you can buy once and have it forever instead of paying monthly subscriptions?

Unless you can find an older version of After Effects (such as CS6) you will have to subscribe as their products are only available via a subscription. I would not recommend After Effects for video editing. It is great for creating efects but is not designed for editing. If you want to use an Adobe product Then I would suggest Premiere Pro. One alternative to Premiere is Lightworks, which you can purchase outright or go the subscription route. There is a free version but there are codecs missing in the free version which are available in the paid version.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.