Status
Not open for further replies.

bballbm

Estimable
Jan 1, 2016
Funny how you click the link for the Maingear Shift SuperStock and the $2199 price you quote in the article now STARTS at $2499 - I guess your recommendation gave them the opportunity to jack up the price. Guess I will be purchasing a Digital Storm after all - can't stand companies that pull this type of crap.

Troy46

Estimable
Jan 6, 2016
The Alienware system you show for under a grand can't be configured at their site that low. It does start at 699 but with a considerably older video card and with an i3 processor, not i5.

Tewlman

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
I bought the Acer Predator G6 on your recommendation...playing fallout 4 and it runs 0ver 130 degrees F on normal no over-clocking. What can I do to cool this machine down. I put the fans on maximum and they are annoying even with noise cancelling headphones. I would not tell a friend to buy ths PC.

asauterChicago

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015
Geez pre-builts are expensive. For $2000.00 you could easily configure a PC with two 980 ti's running in SLI. The $2,000 computer here only has a single GTX 970, a non-ssd hard drive, and only 8gb of ram.

I thought I overspent at $1,500, and I have a water-cooled i7-6700, a 512gb SSD, and a Zotak 980 ti Amp Extreme, and 16gb of ram. So for the same price as the pre-built one listed, I could add a second 980ti, run them in SLI and still come out under the price listed as the pre-built and have like 10 times the power. I guess don't regret the frustration that came with building my own. A few hours of troubleshooting was worth it by a wide margin.

BrunoFunny

Estimable
Dec 22, 2015
Of course these are very good choices considering the cost/benefit but, still very overpriced comparing if you build your own setup. And nowadays you don't need to be a genius to build a PC. But you always have people who really don't want to spend time thinking and doesn't care spend more even if it's getting less. Even Terry Crews that is a not a tech area guy built his own PC.

Kevin_245

Prominent
Feb 8, 2017
What is this crap... recommending a desktop with a processor from 5 years ago as top gaming pc?!? I am baffled. No benchmarks. This article should be called fashion gaming. Please remove it from the serious articles section.

Nohemi

Prominent
May 1, 2017
Hello there looking for a recommendation for my 14 yr old son he would like a desktop for gaming for his bday. I don't know much nor does he and don't want to spend too much less than 1 grand. VR not important to us. Any suggestions?

Mar 12, 2018
Hi all

i want to upgrade my pc for gaming but got confused in the combination

ryzen 1600 + gtx 1050ti or ryzen 2400g + gtx 1050 ti

Which would be better for next generation gaming ?

Oct 1, 2018
I was wondering what would be the best PC if I downloaded + played Sims 4 with all the expansion packs and 1000+ CC and as well as Minecraft with 15+ mods and 5+ resource packs. Again I am looking for the best but cheapest PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.