Best Gaming Headset for Around 120$

HenryP9626

Estimable
Aug 16, 2014
Hi guys. I recently had a turtle beach x12 for over 3 years now. It has been crapping out on me. The sound is still great and all, but I here humming noises and my mic hums a lot too. So I decided to get a better headset.

The headset will be used mainly to play Counter Strike Global Offensive and other games, as in RPG, and other first person shooter. Mainly campaign shooters and adventure games.

I've been doing a lot of research and it seems like the hyperx cloud 2 hits my pinpoint interest since I am a competitive gamer and want to hear every foot movement and exactly pinpoint them. As for my x12 I could hear them but I couldn't really tell exactly 90% of the time where they were. I also saw the deal where kingston is selling Rainbow Six Siege for 20$ more if I buy the bundle edition which is great, but I don't want to buy it if you guys think I can get a way better headset then the hyperx cloud 2. I love the idea of a built in 7.1 surround sound without the sound card which I think I need but may not.

I don't know guys I need help. I want a really good headset around 120$ or less. I don't really need a mic for my headset but at times I will since I will be taking my laptop with me to play csgo with my friends. I just need a headset that will fit my need as a competitive gamer and a casual gamer who also wants a comfortable headset. I just want something that will last me 5 more years down the road and matches my competitive play and long lasting sessions in campaign mode.

HenryP9626

Estimable
Aug 16, 2014

Thanks but I don't really have a sound card and I am not really looking to get a sound card for them. The ATH-M50X I heard are good, don't know much about MDR-7506, and the Sennheiser HD558 is for mainly music. Also I tried the ATH-M50X from my friend truth be honest it wasn't bad, but it kinda was hard to spot my enemies with footstep. Keeping in mind he didn't have a soundcard.

Let me guess, your friend used poor virtualization software like Razer surround?

None of those headphones need a dedicated soundcard (all of them under 75ohm so practically anything and your cellphone should be able to drive them), and music is actually much harder to replicate than low quality sounds like CSGO. The HD558 are open design ones, so they might be better overall for hearing footsteps. Just make sure you set the audio output to headphone and do NOT use virtualization (razer surround, etc)

HenryP9626

Estimable
Aug 16, 2014

Not really, he didn't use any software, but thanks I'll keep looking and decide.

TRENDING THREADS