Best Gaming Headsets Right Now

Status
Not open for further replies.

mario8319

Estimable
Apr 8, 2015
I just want to commend the author of this article. After scrolling through at least 50 or so articles in the past few months on gaming headsets, none of them are as well written and intuitive as this one. Seriously thank you

Jndrabe

Estimable
May 27, 2015
What about best ps3/ps4 headset? I can only trust this site for this type of information, you guys are the best! But you didn't review best ps3/ps4 :(

Vlad Rose

Estimable
Apr 7, 2014
Man, no major headphone brands for the review. I would have loved to see how the Sennheiser or Audio Technica gaming sets compare; especially since they're in the price range of the Astro and Steel Series units reviewed.

Other than that, a well done article with the units you had to compare with.

uglyduckling81

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2011
I've had the Astro A50 for about a year I think. The battery life has diminished substantially. I get maybe 2-3 hours out of them before I need to plug in again. They really need a replaceable battery.

UNATCO-PC

Estimable
Jun 29, 2015
I was actually going to purchase a pair of Siberia Elite Prisms until I read about the numerous problems it has, such as the fualty audio cards and bad mics. Is this true?

MikeAndronico

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
I was actually going to purchase a pair of Siberia Elite Prisms until I read about the numerous problems it has, such as the fualty audio cards and bad mics. Is this true?

We've had no such problems with the Prisms so far, but if they pop up we will certainly update the review to reflect that

MikeAndronico

Honorable
Aug 21, 2013
Man, no major headphone brands for the review. I would have loved to see how the Sennheiser or Audio Technica gaming sets compare; especially since they're in the price range of the Astro and Steel Series units reviewed.

Other than that, a well done article with the units you had to compare with.

Thanks for the feedback Vlad. Working on getting review units for those brands as we speak.

chanrpnq

Estimable
Aug 13, 2015
Working on getting review units for those brands as we speak.
YleCCw

Ernest_2

Estimable
Dec 4, 2015
Serious question. What would you recommend for a Deaf or Hard of Hearing Gamer? I recently got an Xbox One Headset the XO ONE from Best Buy Black Friday. I've been using the one ear head set that came with the Halo Edition Xbox One and it was alright. But seems like it was better for listening to other people chatting vs the xo one set. I'm not looking to waste money on something that works for hearing. I need a loud set reasonby priced. The highs like whistling I can't hear those pretty much. I wear hearing aides which help, but even with them it's like someone who has a mild hearing loss. I don't want to buy and try it out then end up returning because it's not loud enough for me. I definitely do not want to become familiar with the returns dept at best buy. So any info help would be appreciated. If possible. Email me at [email removed] thanks

Laura_11

Estimable
Dec 7, 2015
What about best wireless for someone gaming with a Mac who also wants to use it to listen to iTunes music on her Mac and pair with her iPhone?

khingkhaz

Estimable
Jan 8, 2016
I purchased the astro a50 over a year ago and I was impressed. I gave it away recently and am ready to buy a next pair. Wireless is the way to go for me but as I see you didn't include the a50 are you saying that it isn't good? I have been looking at reviews and was leaning towards another pair of a50's. How soon do you think you can review and compare them? PS4 gamer.

Jan 10, 2016
Don't get Tiamats, the earcups wear out in about 1 year and they don't offer any replacements, I hacked mine to make them work but the PCB in the volume controller just died and have no power. They are also fairly flimsy. Thinking of going for a wired set like Sennheiser G1's.

Engar

Estimable
Feb 25, 2016
Personal experience suggests Logitech is very hit or miss. Get a bad set and you may wish you had never heard of them. I used them for almost fifteen years, but my G930 headset is in the garbage right next to their brand name.

JediJon

Prominent
Jun 16, 2017
the best hands down is the Audio-Technica ATH-AD900X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones w/ Large 53mm Driver. 100 percent the best if u compare responses this is 36k others are 22k even game one which i have isnt as good for the same price. on ebay new for 130.00. your welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.