Best gaming laptop under $850

joranpoort

Honorable
May 3, 2012
1_What is your budget? $850 USD/ €650

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15 - 16

3_What screen resolution do you want? Reasonable

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Desktop replacement (not ridiculously heavy as I will bring it to class)

5_How much battery life do you need? At least 2 hours

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the minium settings that you want for these games. "Sims 3 - Medium", GTA San andreas - medium, GTA IV - Low, Medium, 18 wheels of steel (any game) just good graphics, that isn't a really heavy game.

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop?
Video and photo editing (not too heavy, just Camtasia studio), internet (youtube 1080P), Twitter etc., watching films, using Word etc.

8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? at least 250, but I've got an external hard drive, so not too much priority.

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post the links to them. Just a Dutch site.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? As long as possible 4+ years

11_If you would like to mention some other things about purchasing your ideal laptop, post them. Windows 7, some cool features like a finger-print scanner (not necessary though), not overheating (like Acer does I thought)

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Acer, bad reliability.

13_What country do you live in? Holland

Now I am a so called "noob" at this, because I don't really know alot about video cards etc. but could you please help me??

Thanks in advance!

Joran

joranpoort

Honorable
May 3, 2012
In holland it's 600 from www.marktplaats.nl (it's a kind of amazon)
And what do you think of the HP DV6 6B75ED, it has 8gb ram, AMD a6 and AMD Radeon HD 6755G2 video card, it's alot cheaper!