Best headset for FPS games

420Dopamine

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014
I'm looking for a headset setup (i can buy sound card and stuff if needed) that would give me the best ability to tell where my enemies are while playing fps games. Currently having Hyperx Cloud 2, but i'm not too happy with the sound (i dont like the virtual 7.1, it feels like 7.1 but I can't tell where the sound is coming accurately. So, what do I need? It doesn't have to be a headset since I have some kind of a mic, but would prefer it to be. I would not like to spend over 200 Euros

Solution
This is just my opinion but after trying many 5.1 & 7.1 headsets and researching a little I am convinced these so called surround sound headsets are nothing more than a gimmick and don't offer directional sound. If you want accurate directional sound I'm convinced the only way is a proper surround sound setup. I had a proper 7.1 setup a few years ago and nothing has come close to it but since moving I can't set it up properly in my new place.

sizzling

Distinguished
This is just my opinion but after trying many 5.1 & 7.1 headsets and researching a little I am convinced these so called surround sound headsets are nothing more than a gimmick and don't offer directional sound. If you want accurate directional sound I'm convinced the only way is a proper surround sound setup. I had a proper 7.1 setup a few years ago and nothing has come close to it but since moving I can't set it up properly in my new place.

Solution