Best High perfomance Notebook(Games,editing,web surfing,1080p video) under 1200-1300$

Bach0

Honorable
May 2, 2013
Hi guys , so as soon i am done configuring my PC,now i have to choose best high perfomance notebook for my brother under or around 1200-1300$, so what are his needs:
Mainly he is going to use it for internet 1080p videos and video editing and gaming purposes(medium to high settings). The most important thing for new notebook is stability and long battery life(fully charged from 5-6 to 8 hours average life)
Also important attributes are:17+ inch screen with at least 1600x900 resolution and normal/good GPU.
I have set my eyes on 1 HP notebook which seems to fit his needs here it is:HP Envy dv7t 7000 quad edition series
Operating system Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit edit
OS and recovery media System Recovery DVD with Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit edit
Processor 3rd generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3610QM Processor (2.3 GHz, 6MB L3 Cache) Up to 3.3GHz turbo boost...
Graphics card NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 650M Graphics with 2GB GDDR5 memory [HDMI, VGA]
Memory 8GB DDR3 System Memory (2 Dimm)
Hard drive 750GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
Hard Drive Acceleration Cache NO mSSD Hard Drive Acceleration Cache
Office software No Additional Office Software
Security software No additional security software
Primary battery Two 9-Cell Lithium-Ion Batteries
Display 17.3-inch diagonal High Definition BrightView LED-backlit Display (1600 x 900)
Primary optical drive Blu-ray player & SuperMulti DVD burner
Personalization HP TrueVision HD Webcam
Networking Intel 802.11b/g/n WLAN and Bluetooth(R)
Keyboard Standard Keyboard with numeric keypad

Note:notebook should come with windows 7 not 8 ,because it seems hard to downgrade prei-nstalled windows 8 to 7 without problems

Anyway i need your help and advices
Regards

Solution
That slow hard drive is going to slow down the whole computer. You are also wasting money buying Windows 7 Ultimate. You're better off getting Pro or Home Premium. So drop that to home premium or pro and invest in a better HD or a hybrid alternative.

g-unit1111

Distinguished
That slow hard drive is going to slow down the whole computer. You are also wasting money buying Windows 7 Ultimate. You're better off getting Pro or Home Premium. So drop that to home premium or pro and invest in a better HD or a hybrid alternative.

Solution

Bach0

Honorable
May 2, 2013

Thanks for your reply,i will go with Pro or Premium , but i have no idea whats the difference between all of them(perfomance,interface...)
In what way will 5400rpm HDD slow donw computer? loading time,data transfer time?will it effect perfomance?
and 1 more question: will i be able to install different windows 7 after purchase or will it be secured like preinstalled windows 8 which doesn't allow downgrading?