Best Input/Output jacks for each TV brand (or help converting)

dtdtdt

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017
I love all the various inputs/outputs on my old Samsung TV, but I need a new one. I can't find any TVs with everything i need. Willing to go with Samsung, LG, or Vizio. I am willing to buy any adapter/converter I need. Is there a forum where we can study the various input.output jacks on each brand/model of TV??

What I'm looking for:

I have a laptop hooked up currently, two separate cables. One is VGA for the video, and one is audio...it goes from laptop audio out (headphone out) into TV. The laptop does NOT have HDMI output.

Next, I have a sound bar that connects via optical. That one is easy, as all TVs have optical.

Next is headphones. I have infrared, and it plugs into the TV via RCA audio jacks.

The headphones must operate separately from the TV volume easily. Currently, the volume on my earpiece isn't affected by the TV speaker's volume and vice versa. Need to maintain that.

What do I need to make all this work with the new Samsungs? Or do other brands have these more available?

Solution
You can use an active VGA+audio to HDMI converter for the laptop. You cannot use a passive cable for this.
You would need an HDMI-ARC audio extractor like this one
https://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Extractor-Support-Converter-VHD-H2HARC/dp/B00LKF6CPG
to provide both an optical audio (for the soundbar) and analog audio (for the headphone transmitter) outputs. These are fixed level so you would maintain independent volume control that you need.
These will work with an TV you chose.
You can use an active VGA+audio to HDMI converter for the laptop. You cannot use a passive cable for this.
You would need an HDMI-ARC audio extractor like this one
https://www.amazon.com/ViewHD-Extractor-Support-Converter-VHD-H2HARC/dp/B00LKF6CPG
to provide both an optical audio (for the soundbar) and analog audio (for the headphone transmitter) outputs. These are fixed level so you would maintain independent volume control that you need.
These will work with an TV you chose.

Solution

dtdtdt

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017
Thank you, AmericanAudio. You really specified it for me. Now I can buy a new Samsung after all! A quick follow-up please...
For the HDMI-Arc adapter you linked to, I just want to make sure I have the concept right. Currently, I use the TV's own speaker. I can also use the separate Soundbar, connected via Optical. Thirdly, I use headphones connected to TV via RCA.
So with the HDMI-Arc adapter, I would connect the adapter to the TV via HDMI ? And then plug both my RCA headphones and my Optical soundbar into the adapter's output? And this will give me the same ability to have 3 different volumes (or none at all) on three different audio options?
Currently my Input Sources are like HDMI-1 is the cable box. HDMI2 is the laptop. HDMI3 is the PS3. So if I plugged the ARC adapter into HDMI 4, could I get the audio out from HDMI4 while watching TV on HDMI-1?? Sorry, but I think I'm missing a step!