Best internet broswer?

G

What's the best internet browser? What do you use? I'm curious, I want to change from Firefox to something else, I was thinking Pale moon or Waterfox I want to see what other people use.

Solution

i bet your chrome extensions are coming from prolonged IE usage.

xroe

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
I prefer chrome myself due to more screen space but its all really a matter of opinion. Also my internet seems to be capped at 300 kbs so I wouldn't be able to tell any speed differences.

oczdude8

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
plz don't kill me
Internet explorer is actually pretty good. I use it alongside chrome and they are both equivalent, however, I did find chrome to be very insecure. I got a lot of random extensions on my chrome. And I am not the type that clicks on random stuff.

I use IE 10 and its pretty dam fast and secure, but sadly, there is no good adblock for it. That's why I also use chrome.

I've actually never heard of pale moon or waterfox.

Id really also like to hear some reasons why people hate I.E 10, maybe im missing out on something by using I.E

xroe

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013

I have a theory about why people hate IE or any browser really. IE is typically the first browser you will use (on a windows machine) and for those who don't know alot about computers at first they will click what ever they have to in order to install something. That usually can come with a toolbar for browsers which if you install those frequently they tend to look ugly and bog down a browser. IE being the first browser that many use and the fact the when they start off they usually inadvertently install the toolbars just leaves a stigma about IE that makes them not want to try it again. That's my thought, and my reason for not using it is that I just like the additional screen space I get without having to press F11

daswilhelm

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012

i bet your chrome extensions are coming from prolonged IE usage.

Solution

oczdude8

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2009
Actually I just checked and chrome has the same space as IE. Or do you have to press something to make it bigger? (aside from f11 since that works on IE also)

in fact chrome provides just a bit less.....

Platinum Era

Honorable
Jul 22, 2013

I did post a link comparing Opera/Firefox/IE and Chrome.
In my experience IE was just slower but is great for HTML5, Chrome would really screw up my computers when tried out using it a year ago. I just stuck with Firefox and from the Grand Prix, Firefox is the current best browser.

jlondon

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
I try to stick with chrome based, I find that to be the best. Recently I've been using the torch browser a lot for the embedded downloading capabilities. Most any browser will do about the same thing, so it doesn't really matter too much.