Best laptop at $700

Sebz4n

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011
Greetings!

I have a friend who lives here at my boarding school in Denmark, where electronic prices are quite expensive - he comes from The States and is in need of a new laptop, which his father could bring him once he comes visiting here in Denmark soon, and as I know nothing about prices and hardware in The States, perhaps you guys could help me?

He needs a laptop for school, so around 15", not too heavy, is able to run World of Warcraft and Leagues of Legends at a proper framerate. Perhaps even BF3?

Anyway, I was also thinking something like i5 or i7 sandy-bride, 6GB of ram and something like GT 550M perhaps, is that possible at a pricepoint of $700? perhaps MAX $800

Sebz4n

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011
I am not sure I would recommend HP though, everybody I know, and the one I had, has made me never want to buy an HP ever again! Too many heat problems and *** like that

perfectblue

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2011
In terms of reliability, ASUS is far better than HP. But recently HP is building solid laptops too, but generally they run hotter and have real cheap screen. It kind of reminds me how ACER was (&now?) when compared to other brands.

Sebz4n

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2011