Best laptop for animation/gaming at college

Chaingunchris

Estimable
Jul 29, 2014
I'm gonna be going to college in a couple months for my freshman year. I need a laptop that has a good gpu *Cough gtx 1060 or higher Cough* and something portable. Also something that won't fry my legs when I'm outside doing papers and stuff :lol: it needs to be under 1500$. If it's a little over I'll save up some more cuz I want this laptop to last a long time. Atleast till I'm done college. Any suggestions?

Solution
I want to add a few things, You need to find a laptop that is 15.6" or smaller. I would NOT recommend a 1070 as they produce more heat and typically those models have larger batteries (more weight). Most "gaming" laptops are not designed to play games without being plugged in and on a desk. they would not burn you when using it to do word processing but if you game on one it would get hot.

If you had an infinite budget I would have recommended a razerblade. With your budget I might suggest an asus. 5.5 lbs without a charger.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834234453&cm_re=ASUS_ROG_STRIX-_-34-234-453-_-Product

Chaingunchris

Estimable
Jul 29, 2014

Screen size dosent matter to me, I like both sizes but what matters to me is weight. I had a gigabyte p25x v2 and that thing was the heaviest laptop I have ever seen. It was a damn desktop replacement :lol: I like the MSI gs series because of the light weight laptops it has, but I've herd they have thermal problems :/

jackspeed

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
I want to add a few things, You need to find a laptop that is 15.6" or smaller. I would NOT recommend a 1070 as they produce more heat and typically those models have larger batteries (more weight). Most "gaming" laptops are not designed to play games without being plugged in and on a desk. they would not burn you when using it to do word processing but if you game on one it would get hot.

If you had an infinite budget I would have recommended a razerblade. With your budget I might suggest an asus. 5.5 lbs without a charger.
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834234453&cm_re=ASUS_ROG_STRIX-_-34-234-453-_-Product

Solution