Best laptop for minecraft or csgo under 500

Oliver_Queen Gaming

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
I need a laptop that I can play CS GO or Minecraft under 500 dollars ( I have 450 but I can spend up to 500). I don't usually install mods and I mainly do pvp on minecraft and, obviously on csgo so I mainly need a laptop that has high fps

Solution

These ones will run MInecraft just fine, CS:GO, not pretty sure. Just read the reviews to get one according to your taste(colour, design, etc). They are all under $500.

http://www.laptopmag.com/best-laptops-under-500

xDeuiii

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016

These ones will run MInecraft just fine, CS:GO, not pretty sure. Just read the reviews to get one according to your taste(colour, design, etc). They are all under $500.

http://www.laptopmag.com/best-laptops-under-500

Solution

Oliver_Queen Gaming

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016

Thanks! I'm checking it out right now.

None of those laptops will be able to run the Sims 4 especially the Chromebooks since they only have Chrome OS. You need Windows OS to play the Sims 4.

All those laptops use Intel's Atom CPUs. These CPUs are a lot less powerful than the Core i3/i5/i7 CPUs and the integrated Intel HD graphic cores in Atom CPUs are also a lot less powerful than the integrated graphic cores in the i3/i5/i7 models.

The following $480 Acer laptop with a Core i5-6200u and nVidia 940m is the best laptop to play games with for under $500. The nVidia 940m should allow you to play the Sims 4 at 1080p resolution and high graphics with good performance; 30 FPS - 35 FPS.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834315302&cm_re=acer_940m-_-34-315-302-_-Product

xDeuiii

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016

i think you posted in the wrong forum xD. he said he wants to play minecraft and cs:go, not sims 4

Actually, I probably was helping out someone who wanted to play the Sims 4 on a $500 laptop prior to answering this post. I should have typed Minecraft in my reply instead of the Sims 4.

Anyway, the link you provided does not really help the OP with his search for a laptop capable of playing Minecraft. Some of those laptops are actually Chromebooks and are incapable of loading any Windows programs. Additionally, all of the laptops only have Intel Atom CPUs which are very weak compared to the Core i3/i5/i7 series and at best would only provide mediocre gameplay at the lowest settings for Minecraft.

The Acer laptop I linked to has a Core i5-6200u CPU and nVidia 940m which is more than enough to play Minecraft at 1080p with some graphic mods. Unfortunately, checking the link again, the price of the laptop increased from $480 or $490 to $500.

Oh yeah, it will definitely not have any problems running CSGO at 1080p with high graphics.

xDeuiii

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
OMG! i posted the wrong link!! don't follow the link i've posted xD you can either go with the one that jaguarskx posted or you could stretch or save more to $600, there are more options in this range. Under $500, there are a couple of options but most of them have intergrated graphics. While minecraft will run fine, cs:go on the other hand won't. I've my self played minecraft on a intel pentium 4 with intergrated graphics but there are still some problems.