Best laptop for the $$

Tmint

Estimable
Dec 4, 2014
This is the HP Envy laptop I am thinking about purchasing. Im not to tech savy but would this be a good buy for the money or is there a better laptop for around $500.

I'm really liking the touchscreen capability's and the back lit keyboard of this model.

http://

Calculagator

Estimable
Nov 18, 2014
This is a decent laptop. I would make sure you see it in person before purchasing. My experience with the HP Envy line is not good. The one I used had a terrible keyboard and screen. No matter what I did the colors always looked very washed out. They may have fixed those problems.
If you are not going to be gaming, I would avoid the APU's they use more power/battery than Intel processors and have lower performance for everything except games.

Tmint

Estimable
Dec 4, 2014
Laptop will be used mostly for surfing the web and work.So microsoft office/excel and photoshop will be used alot as well as streaming movies and videos.I will play some lower graphic intensive games,but I have a gaming desktop at home for the high end modern games.

I have no option to test it out in person as the closest best buy to me is about 2 hours away.A friend recommended this laptop and he has had no problems with his yet, but is a different higher end model.I was just curious if this was the best buy for my budget.

Thanks for the quick reply's !!