Mar 14, 2019
Okay, so, I have picked out two laptops that are pretty cheap. I don't have a high budget so I'm looking for something reasonable. I found these both on Amazon and I'm curious which one would be best for the gaming I want to do. I'm not a heavy gamer, mostly stuff like Skyrim (which is probably the heaviest most taxing game), Sims 3 and 4, and Minecraft. If necessary I can list the Amazon links.

1. 2018 Newest Lenovo Ideapad 15.6" HD Premium High Performance Laptop, AMD Quad-core A12-9720P processor 2.7GHz, 8GB DDR4, 1TB HDD, DVD, Webcam, 802.11AC, HDMI, USB Type-C, Bluetooth, Windows 10

2. Acer Aspire E 15, 15.6" Full HD, 8th Gen Intel Core i3-8130U, 6GB RAM Memory, 1TB HDD, 8X DVD, E5-576-392H

If you have any other cheap laptop recommendations (preferably under $400), do let me know!

Neither of those will run Skyrim on past low settings well at all, the Lenovo with AMD A12 may be best of the two. If you get a cheap laptop, don't expect it to run games. Sims 4 either of those can handle but again you likely need to drop settings a bit.

A good rule of laptops, if you are getting the very lowest thing you can possibly get to do something, it's not a good idea. You won't be upgrading laptops, so what you buy now has to last you till you replace it. If you get the minimum now, if there is anything in a few years you want to run, it won't and you basically wasted your money.

Something with a Ryzen 5 CPU should be OK for low spec gaming https://www.bestbuy.com/site/asus-v...tate-drive-metal-gold/6309134.p?skuId=6309134

Or a system with an MX150 video card form nVidia.

Anything you want to play games on would be in the 600+ price range.

NittenM

Great
Mar 14, 2019
Overall my first choice is Lenevo. I have bought 3 laptop so far. All of them are Asus. But next time I will go for Lenovo. All the best!