Best non-touchscreen phone

max787

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
Greetings,
I am currently hoping to get a new phone and it's actually quite difficult! The problem is that I hate touch screens and prefer buttons for texting/e-mailing etc. the best phone i can think of at the moment is a Blackberry of some description, a Blackberry Curve perhaps?

Anyway this is a list of criteria:

*Texting and E-mail are of paramount importance
*A good web browser
*Bluetooth would be nice for headphones but it isn't strictly necessary

*The OS doesn't matter so long as it is responsive! I currently have windows mobile which is pitifully slow
*The camera doesn't matter as i rarely take photos or videos with my phone, i would like a minimum of 3MP though...just in case
*I will never, under any circumstances, by a LG phone ever again!

So i basically want a phone with BUTTONS, instead of this touchscreen crap, that will be used for texting, e-mailing and web browsing.

As i said before I am thinking about the Blackberry Curve but i haven't really done much research so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Max

Yes, you are basically describing a Blackerry. The Curve is an entry level model of sorts, but they basically do everything that the "high end" models do. I believe that the 8530 (older curve) has wifi, can do music, etc... Depending on your carrier, word is that a new Curve will be coming out in the coming months (9300 model). I'm not sure on the exact date though. The other prominent model is the Bold (the new model is the 9650), which is a bit more expensive than the Curve, but has more RAM, internal storage, etc...

I recently went to the Blackberry Tour (9630) from a WM touchscreen and I am loving it. I had a Blackberry a few years back and really, I'm unsure of why I got rid of it. The only complaint that I have about the Tour is that it doesn't have Wi-Fi, but depending on your carrier, an unlimited data plan takes care of that. Otherwise than that it takes care of texting and e-mail flawlessly. Plus, all Blackberries have Bluetooth. The web browser is ok; it isn't as good as it could be. Depending on what you look at on the internet, it should be alright (no flash).

Just keep in mind that the Blackberry, regardless of model is addictive!!

For more info on Blackberries check this site out (it's one of my favorites):

http://crackberry.com/

TheGreatGrapeApe

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2003
Also Nokia has non-touchscreens in their E series that are non-windows that are nice. I've used the E71 and it's ok with a good Opera browser and mant features, the E72 boosts the camera to 5.0 MP from 3.2MP.

Blackberry's biggest weakness is their browser, even on the most capable of phone it needs the Torch-based browser to arrive ASAFP to make it viable for people's needs in a more internet connected environment. Otherwise I like Blackberries alot, just depends on what you prefer between the two.