Best picks for Wireless Gaming Headsets under 120 usd (willing to stretch a little maybe)

Ventez

Estimable
Jun 23, 2015
Hey all,

As the thread title says, I'm looking to replace my headset with a wireless headset.

I've previously used the PDP Afterflow wireless headset (mic's broken now), and currently using Steelseries Siberia V2.

I'd like to mention that mic clarity is important, as i mostly have it hung around my neck with speakers on, i do, sometimes(Rarely) put the headset on.

Points to consider would be in descending order

-Wireless
-Price
-Mic Clarity
-Mic mute button on headset

Solution
unfortunately requiring wireless limits your options.

the g930 or h2100 are likely the only real contenders for your budget however both have less than perfect mics and both are known for a few issues.. turtle beach also makes a wireless model however TB is often less than stellar on sound quality compared to some of your other choices.

the g930 is likely your better choice.

if you were willing to consider wired options there are quite a few different directions you could go however that is your decision. likewise, if your budget was larger there are more expensive headphones which are wireless and quality you could pair of up with a desktop mic. wired headphones generally sound better though.

even some of the more expensive headset...

BmoneyGames

Estimable
Jul 7, 2015
Have you looked at the Logitech G930? They are a great headset spite the fact
that they do have a buzzy-felling mic. Id say get this headset if you care more about
the actual value of the headset over mic clarity. There are better mics on other headsets but
you would have to stretch the budget a bit. Or you could get the G930 for $80 on amazon and
have money to get a desktop mic (Persay the Blue Snowball for your price range) would be a
good combo. Its just what you prefer.

unfortunately requiring wireless limits your options.

the g930 or h2100 are likely the only real contenders for your budget however both have less than perfect mics and both are known for a few issues.. turtle beach also makes a wireless model however TB is often less than stellar on sound quality compared to some of your other choices.

the g930 is likely your better choice.

if you were willing to consider wired options there are quite a few different directions you could go however that is your decision. likewise, if your budget was larger there are more expensive headphones which are wireless and quality you could pair of up with a desktop mic. wired headphones generally sound better though.

even some of the more expensive headset options like the PLYR have some issues (in this case, build quality)

Solution

BmoneyGames

Estimable
Jul 7, 2015

I have a pair of the hyperx clouds and the mic on them is really clear if you use it correctly.
An all around great headset for the price, if you wanted to go wired instead of wireless.
as ssddx said, you will usually find wired headsets with better quality.
If i were you I would check out the steelseries siberia line which have great headsets.