HyperX cloud2 Vs Logitech G430 Vs Corsair Void RGB USB Vs Roccat Kave XTD? For USB\PC only

VeRKKtom

Estimable
Jan 25, 2016
Hey,

My old Sharkoon 5.1 (Xtatic) have been worn off for a while now, and I decided to buy a new headset for my gaming needs.

Here are the mentioned models:

Logitech G430 (cheapest)
HyperX cloud2
Corsair VOID RGB USB Dolby 7.1
Roccat Kave XTD

If anyone feels strongly about the Corsair Gaming H1500 Dolby 7.1 (around the Corsair Void) or the SteelSeries Siberia v3 Prism USB (most expansive out of the bunch) I'm willing to spend a little more from the rest.

Since my sound card on my MB\case is not working properly, for now (if there is an option for 3.5 if I buy a dedicated sound card in the future even better) I need a USB configuration.

I do care about sound quality more than anything, and as far as volume is concerned, when gaming, I'm usually around the 65-70% of my volume with my current headset, got plenty to go. I also don't mind if it is a direct USB cable to the PC or something like I have right now with a powered unit through USB or some sort of an adapter for USB.

This is my first time in this forum, so if I didn't mention something obvious about my setup\windows\needs please correct me, thank you.

P.S.

I'm assuming of all these headsets come with a microphone, and it is a given.

DiegoD

Estimable
May 12, 2015
I can strongly recommend the Hyper X Cloud. It is by far the most comfortable headset I have ever worn, it is called the cloud for a reason. The metal construction is nice and it make the headset feel very sturdy and the mic is removable which is nice if you use it away from your pc.

If you need to save money I knw the G430 is a quality headset, but I have no personal experience with it. I know the earcups are removable and even washable which is nice if they ever get dirty.

I don't know much about the Corsair headset other than the nice RGB's it has so I can't say much on it.

I know Roccat can be hit or miss on it's products, you love them or hate them. I have friends that swear by them and friends that curse them.

Dylanshub

Estimable
Sep 8, 2015
After testing the Corsair Void USB and the Cloud 2, I feel the Void USB's 7.1 surround is better than the Hyper X but the Hyper X is better in terms of sound quality all around, so it really depends if your looking for an all around headset or just for gaming, because Hyper X is better all around and the void is better for just gaming.