Best Picture quality question

alucard214

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2012
I've got a 29 inch ultra wide Lg monitor with speaker plug hdmi and display port. My main TV is a 40 inch Sony LED TV. My question which would give the best quality for my Blu ray player. Knowing i have to run speakers off the monitor isn't a problem. The monitor is a 2560x1080 21:9.
Not sure what my tv res runs at but it does support 1080i and maybe 1080p. The Monitor supports 1080p only

Solution
Almost definitely the TV. Your TV probably supports 1080p if it's is an a LED lit LCD. The monitor will have black bars at the sides when playing 16:9 video but might have a few more lines of horizontal resolution on 2:35 aspect ratio films. Not a big difference though.
Color is potentially better on the TV unless you have calibrated the monitor (the TV would benefit from calibration too). Contrast ratio and video processing (there is none on the monitor) are better on the TV. Lastly size counts, bigger is better.
Almost definitely the TV. Your TV probably supports 1080p if it's is an a LED lit LCD. The monitor will have black bars at the sides when playing 16:9 video but might have a few more lines of horizontal resolution on 2:35 aspect ratio films. Not a big difference though.
Color is potentially better on the TV unless you have calibrated the monitor (the TV would benefit from calibration too). Contrast ratio and video processing (there is none on the monitor) are better on the TV. Lastly size counts, bigger is better.

Solution