Best Smart interface

Jun 8, 2018
Hey guys newbie here. I've literally just joined.
I'm planning on buying my first smart tv (I know, what kind of rock was it??) because I'm very keen on using apps such as showbox, iptv and side loading apps.

I can't afford a brand new one so 4k ultra will be out of the question.

Looking for between 40 to 47 inch.

I want to know what's the best brand that delivers the best android TV experience. I've heard Panasonic and Sony ain't great. But I'm seeing alot about LG and Samsung tvs.
All help appreciated
Thanks!

Solution
If you want sideload apps that can't be done on smart TVs that have their own OS. You would need one with Android built in. Using an external stick or box usually gives you much more flexibility when it comes to using the widest variety of apps.
If you are looking to buy a used TV the OS and apps would be out of date and may not able be updateable so just get the best looking non-smart TV at the best price and get an Android TV box.

papada911

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017
Hi deanjameswonder, and welcome.

I've had both LG and Samsung tvs, and I personally prefer Samsung at this point. The functionality their smart TVs provide is quite extensive, and the picture quality is excellent. I use mine for Netflix, Amazon, as well as watching movies straight out of a usb (subtitles supported), or streaming them from Vuze on my laptop.

The controls are very simple and straight forward on the Samsung tvs as well, which makes the experience quite enjoyable.

I guess ultimately, your choice comes down to what you value more in your tv: image / sound quality, features, usability, and price.

Jun 8, 2018

Thanks for the response.
I'll be using for ps gaming and iptv.

papada911

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017

I also use my Samsung for my PS4. My Samsung TV has a gaming mode for higher frame rate, which is a nice addition.

Jun 8, 2018

Excellent what models would support the gaming mode

papada911

Prominent
Jul 18, 2017

You can find more information than I could provide right here.

If you want sideload apps that can't be done on smart TVs that have their own OS. You would need one with Android built in. Using an external stick or box usually gives you much more flexibility when it comes to using the widest variety of apps.
If you are looking to buy a used TV the OS and apps would be out of date and may not able be updateable so just get the best looking non-smart TV at the best price and get an Android TV box.

Solution