Best Smart Thermostats 2015 (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KCStix

Estimable
Apr 27, 2015
I think you've got it right. I'm extremely happy with the Ecobee in my house. I'd buy it over again in a heartbeat!

briansnickname

Estimable
Apr 27, 2015
Nice to have articles like this to break down the features of each thermostat. I wasn't interested in Nest's learning feature, I was put off by the poor reviews of the Lyric's geofencing performance, and wanted a do-it-yourself installation. I ended up making the same choice you did with the ecobee3. I've been totally satisfied with my purchase and would go this route again. I love the remote sensors (though you may not want to confuse people with the word "zone," which implies independent HVAC response for each section) and the data collection ecobee offers!

Lumberzak

Estimable
Apr 27, 2015
The remote sensors and temperature averaging make Ecobee3 the best hands down. Innovation aside the company, their tech support, and customer relations make Ecobee the clear choice for the discerning consumer who wants an outstanding HVAC solution.

jquinton

Estimable
Apr 27, 2015
Best thermostat out there. Remote sensors and app make this the last thermostat you will want to buy, Traded my nest for this. Makes nest look like childs play.

ecobeeuser

Estimable
Apr 27, 2015
I think you have it right. The ecobee3 is so awesome for keeping multiple room the correct temperature. I found that I have 5 degree temperature variations in my house. This thermostat has fixed my problem, and I save big money and the save the world with green energy savings. You can have your cake and eate it too.

iovnow

Estimable
Apr 27, 2015
I was about to go out and buy a Nest but decided I would do some research first. I had no idea there were actually more competitors in the smart thermostat arena and found out about the Ecobee3 during this time. The remote sensors are what sealed the deal for me. The temperature averaging has really helped keep my bedrooms from being too cold in the winter, eliminating the need for space heaters. I expect similar results in the summer for the heat.

TheBittersuite

Estimable
Apr 27, 2015
From my experience, there has been no comparison to the ecobee. The amount of data given to the consumer allows the consumer to actually make intelligent choices about heating and cooling, while providing the convenience and comfort of remote access. Absolutely love my ecobee!

CoBrBA

Estimable
Apr 8, 2015
Nice review! I agree with your decision to rank the Ecobee3 as Best Smart Thermostat. I did my own research, and came to the same conclusion.

Whoop_Dang

Estimable
Apr 27, 2015
The savings i've had with the ecobee3 has paid for both of them already. I don't think that a nest or lyric would have given me the same savings with equal comfort in all areas of the house.

Ltdpilot

Estimable
Apr 28, 2015
The Ecobee 3 is by far the best! In the day and age of higher utility bills I am proud to say I've saved 30% since adding the thermostat to my house.

brandon99

Estimable
Apr 28, 2015
I've had the ecobee3 since it came out and it is hands down one of the best purchases I have ever made. The remote sensors actually help to make intelligent comfort decisions and the data you get out of HomeIQ is very informative.

Status
Not open for further replies.