Best soundcard / equipment for Beyerdynamic mmx300

Iftachby

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
Hi guys,

Have been able to purchase the Beyerdynamic mmx300 headset for relatively cheap but I am worried about my computers sound bottlenecking them.

Right now I am using my onboard soundcard (http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4997#ov)
My current headset is the Logitech G35 connected by USB (not connected to the onboard sound card)

My question is - What can I buy for $100-150 that will give me the best improvement over the on board sound with these headphones?

BTW - obviously largest concern is gaming, and after that movies / music.

Edit: Forgot to add - if you think that investing $100-150 in a soundcard / dac / whatever will not give me worthwile return, would love to hear that too!

Thanks a lot! :)

Solution

Yes...

Ruggo181

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
Try this first. (If you are able)
Using your new headphones (I have the beyer Custom One Pros btw), listen to some music through an amp.
Now listen to the same music through your computer. If you can hear a notable difference, then you'll be looking at an upgrade.

I use a Soundblaster ZX soundcard, mainly due to it having the table puck so I can plug in my headphone/microphone.

It works for me and this really is the problem with a lot of audio recommendations, it's personal.

Good luck.

Iftachby

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016

Hi,
Thanks for the answer.
I have considered the Soundblaster ZX card as well. Are you using it together with the Desktop Audio Control Module?

Are you overall content with the quality of the headphones using this card?

Ruggo181

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016

Yes I do use the desktop module. It makes life easier, both as an extension of the audio cables and it also has a volume knob.

I am happy with the sound that is put out by the soundcard through my headphones. I also have a pair of studio monitors running through this card as well. In the creative software you can change between headphones and speakers.

Solution