Solved! Best way to connect 3x 3,5mm jack over long(ish) distance?

Jul 10, 2019
Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding best way to send signal from my PC (soundcard outputting 3x 3,5mm jack stereo signal) to my home theatre setup in the living room (5.1 system with 3x 3,5mm jack connections).

Is there a way I can do it cleanly, as in without 3,5mm jack exntension cables lying around? Maybe a wireless female jack to male jack connection?

PS. Sound system connection is possible only with 3x 3,5mm jacks, Im assuming one for 2x front speakers, one for 2x rear speakers and one for woofer and central speaker.

Any insight would be appreciated!

To go wireless you would need 3 stereo transmitters that can be set at different frequencies or each be paired to 3 separate receivers to get 5.1
The ones linked to above are not in stock at that seller and may be out of production. In any case would cost way more than using cables and can't be good for the sound quality.
Using baluns to send audio over cat cable would require 6 baluns plus three cables and might not be smaller than regular audio cables anyway.

Jul 10, 2019
Thanks for the replies guys!

Unfortunately Im limited to jack connections. Looks like I won't be able to avoid these 3,5mm jack extensions lying around.

On that note, do you perhaps know if there is a significant quality/strenght dropout with cables longer than 10m? Will I need to amp up the signal somehow?