Solved! Best way to connect ps4/pc to my amp using a projector

Oct 31, 2018
hi,

I just received a new amp, this is my first time setting one up and frankly I don't know much abt them. I have connected my projector (BenQ W1070), my pc and my ps4 to the amp (Yamaha RXV383) with hdmi cables. Now what cables do I need to use to get the best sound out of my subwoofer/soundbar (Samsung HW-J250 80 W 2.2)?

Solution
The only way you could connect a soundbar to that AVR is to use the headphone jack. Not very good if you are concerned about the best sound.
You don't use a soundbar with an AV receiver. You use passive speakers and a self powered subwoofer. The bluetooth in the AVR is for streaming audio TO the receiver not from it so that won't work either.
You could just connect the sources to the projector and use the projector audio output to the soundbar aux input.
Or an HDMI input selector with audio extraction if you wanted to use the optical input on the soundbar.
The only way you could connect a soundbar to that AVR is to use the headphone jack. Not very good if you are concerned about the best sound.
You don't use a soundbar with an AV receiver. You use passive speakers and a self powered subwoofer. The bluetooth in the AVR is for streaming audio TO the receiver not from it so that won't work either.
You could just connect the sources to the projector and use the projector audio output to the soundbar aux input.
Or an HDMI input selector with audio extraction if you wanted to use the optical input on the soundbar.

Solution
Oct 31, 2018

Thank you, sorry for the very late answer but I've been on holiday. That's how I was using my soundbar prior to having the AMP. I'll just have to upgrade to a proper speaker setup sooner than planned I guess. :D