best way to power a laptop when i am using it

Feb 1, 2014
i use my HP laptop at home a lot [like a desktop pc]. which is the best way to supply power to it when i am using it at home?

1. remove the battery from the laptop, plug the laptop into the power outlet at my home when i am using it, and run it on the battery only when i am outside my home. [can this avoid the battery getting heated and hence extend the health of the battery?]

2. do not remove the battery from the laptop, plug the laptop into the power outlet at my home when i am using it, and run it on the battery only when i am outside my home.

3. charge my battery to its maximum when i am not using the laptop and when i am even using the machine at home, disconnect the plug from the power outlet, and run it on battery-power.

this i ask, in the point of view of maximizing the health / life [not the charge] of the battery. i have been using method 2, and my battery is already reduced to 59% health [ie., it can hold only 59% of the maximum power it was designed to hold]. :(

EXPERT answers with reasons are welcome.
thanks in advance to anyone who can help me.
i am not so much of a geek, so pardon my ignorance.

Solution
Hi, I prefer the number one and you avoid the heat to the battery, this is the way I use my laptop at home. The number two, when the laptop is off, the battery will discharge a little bit from the laptop, but you have the heat from the laptop. And number three will use the battery too much when you have the adapter at hand.
Hi, I prefer the number one and you avoid the heat to the battery, this is the way I use my laptop at home. The number two, when the laptop is off, the battery will discharge a little bit from the laptop, but you have the heat from the laptop. And number three will use the battery too much when you have the adapter at hand.

Solution
Feb 1, 2014
thanks all, for the EXPERT suggestions, BTW, can i know the supporting reasons? are the 3 replies pointing to the same reason? i read from some geek websites that in today's laptops, the internal electronics are built such that, the laptop switches the consuming of power, ie, the source is changed from the battery to the adapter, once it knows that the battery is fully charged and yet the adapter is connected to AC. is that true?