Best Wireless Carrier 2015 (Archive)

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

parsonsg3

Prominent
Apr 13, 2017
An interesting tid-bit, I once applied for a job at verizon, I made it through the first round of testing and in the second round they test your ability to deflect their complaint. You are supposed to appear to know what you are talking about, even if you don't, but most importantly calm down any angry customers without actually helping them. You aren't supposed to admit there was a problem with their account, save Verizon money, but at the same time, if they correctly spot how Verizon screwed up, then you can help them, but don't make it easy, put them on hold, bounce them around, make them wait while you help other customers. Try and get them to give up. All of the major companies follow these practices, and they don't tell you these things in black and white, most people working for them aren't able or aren't looking at the big picture, and don't really know what they are doing. The fact is they don't want employees who fully understand what is going on, just blind obedience by tired overworked people. Any trick to gain money they didn't earn honestly.

parsonsg3

Prominent
Apr 13, 2017
FREE CALLS-TEXT-AND DATA! One final comment for you guys, There are many apps available now that you can download that provide free phone services. Thats right, FREE! In all reality, all you need to purchase is a mobile hot-spot, with that you have free phone and text service EVERYWHERE you go. I'm currently trying to find a way to sue out of my FRAUDULENT Sprint contract, and this is the only way I will be using a phone from here on out. I did it for two years, and allowed my girlfriend to make the cell phone plan decisions, well after her phone broke a month ago, she tried it my way, and we are never going back to this crap again! ONCE AGAIN PAY FOR MOBILE HOT SPOT, AND YOUR PHONE OF CHOICE, DOWNLOAD APPS LIKE TALKATONE (THERE ARE BETTER APPS, BUT THIS ONE IS OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD) AND YOU WILL SAVE HUNDREDS OF DOLLARS A MONTH.

Jim_50

Commendable
May 3, 2016
What idiot wrote this review? T-Mobile, Sprint, and many other of the "top" carriers have HORRIBLE coverage, especially in Tennessee and other rural areas!

Cricket is NUMBER ONE both in costs and coverage.

Not Mr Walters

Prominent
May 4, 2017
I never write these however im doing so in hopes that it might help the someone avoid the headaches of dealing with SPRINT . I was with sprint for over a decade with more than 50 referral s to sprint friends / relatives ect ... I was using a galaxy s4 i know its old so i decided to upgrade so icalled sprint and after some verification the salesperson reviewed my acct an i would swear she was reading from a que card every word sounded scripted and somewhat difficult to follow due to a rather heay accent . I explained that i have 3 lines on this acct an 9 other employee accts but need to upgrade my personal phone she said yes no problem Mr. Walter i to help you with that an because your such loyal customer i will send you a FREE tablet i was quoted some rediculas price politely declined after a long drawn out detail of yow great the tablet would be about 5min sales pitch again i declined an tried to redirect the CONversation backto simple upgrade mind you every sentence ended in an annoying Mr.W'lters lets skip ahead after 3 day of being transferred from dept to dept i spoke wi avery pleasant woman who ver y quickly offered me a great deal on the galaxy s7 however the sales woman hung up . Last straw for me finally went to bestbuy purched a galaxy s7 at a much better deal than sprint could ever offer and was given a 250.00 gift card to shop throught the store with and the entire transaction took less than 15 mins not mention I have no idea who Mr. Walters is and she verified my acct several times over 3 days . So do yourself a favor never call sprint customer circus your better off wearing afur coat in a forest fire .

Jim_50

Commendable
May 3, 2016

Sprint has HORRIBLE coverage unless you live in a big city or within 3 miles of an interstate. Cricket has 99% nationwide coverage and an unlimited plan for $55 including all taxes and fees.

Tracy_43

Prominent
May 6, 2017
T-mobile all in plan -- does not include conference call lines - that is extra --- I called was transferred and asked why it was excluded from an "ALL IN" plan - I am just dialing into listen to a call? She said "it just is" Great explanation - you should win an award. WTH

jwatsonx

Prominent
May 9, 2017
Why am I getting a notification of this being a new and/or updated article and you still do not mention Google Project Fi (which is a mobile provide that ALL should learn from). This makes your article sound "out of touch" with current tech.

jwatsonx

Prominent
May 9, 2017
Why am I being notified of this being a "new" or update article that still has no mention of Google Project Fi, the mobile network provider all others should be modeled after. It makes this all sound out of touch, which makes the writer's thoughts kind of irrelevant imo. I see this same question was asked a year ago and you still didn't update the post.

CDawgG

Prominent
May 9, 2017
I've had every carrier you mention. Cricket is #1 in my opinion. The download speeds don't bother me, and I use about 50 gb a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS