Best Wireless Gaming Headsets?

1Dan1

Honorable
Jul 20, 2012
Hello, I've been browsing around for gaming headsets and have come to the decision that I want to get a wireless gaming headset as opposed to a wired one for gaming. But, I am bombarded with a lot of options. Assuming I have no price limit, what is the best wireless gaming headset? A popular answer I've been seeing is the Astro A50.

audioranger

Honorable
Jan 17, 2013
the astro a50 is one of the better wireless options out there. it's dual-band so it transmits on two separate frequencies to avoid interference

http://www.headset-ratings.com/astro-a50-wireless-headset-review/

the only downside is the price. if you're not ready to commit $300, the tactic 3d omega is half the price and is still a solid headset

http://www.headset-ratings.com/sound-blaster-tactic-3d-omega-headset/

happy listening :)

Ra1dMaX

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2011
star293: G930 sure has good sound and all but the constuction and the wireless of this headset is just shit

i'm on my 3rd G930 headset and never buying a logitech headset ever again...as logitech has no clue when it comes to constructing a headset...sure they have the sound set but the rest of their design is weak as shit
the entirety of the earmuffs is held up by 4x2mm screws holding a 1mm cheap non PVC plastic plate(a plate that cracks if you snap your fingers on it) witch is what happened on the 2 first headsets i had

now on the 3rd headset i took care of that with using 20 cm of duct tape on each of those tiny plates so it keeps together..now after 1 year of regular use the battery of the headset is dead and having to use the cable 24/7

so my advice is test out Astro gaming, Turlebeach,Creative anything before even looking at a logitech headset

PoLiNi

Estimable
May 29, 2014
You're only on your third, i'm on my fifth and been trying to communicate with the support for 5 months.
My problem was first described as hardware fault 5 times then software then it was out of warrenty, then it became a chipset problem then it had to do with USB driver (cause USB 2.0 drivers change all the time ... ???) and now it's a sound card problem which as far as i knew only works for non USB devices

GetOwnedGaming

Honorable
Jan 20, 2014

I know they are bad, but please watch your language...

mateikav

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011

Well I have to say, I love my G35s and have had them for 3-4 years with no problems. As I understand it, the G930 is the wireless version of the G35. I've always felt my G35 was quite durable and I've taken it a lot of places. My only gripe is the deteriorating faux-leather patent over the foam.

I was looking to see if the G930 was any good... I may look at some other options, but my G35 still kicks a whole lotta' butt.

BlueFireZ

Estimable
I had bought a g430, everthing about them are great, (sound, comfort,mic), except for there easily breakable frame, i can easily snap it, and mine even creaked, this also goes to all logitech headsets, logitechs are short term headsets in my opinion.

Onafets19

Estimable
Sep 23, 2014

Don't bother with the G930. Simple google "logitech g930 cutting out" and you will see what everyone has to deal with. I finally gave up after fighting with my headset in BF4 and Dota 2. Don't go near it!!!