Best workstation laptop for productivity and minor gaming ?

Sturnips12

Estimable
Dec 27, 2015
Hello all! I'm needing to get a laptop for school/work very soon and was hoping to get some of your suggestions to help me make my decision. I haven't looked into new PC and laptop hardware in ages and im just now discovering "2 in 1s" and some of the more recent technology. As I've shortly begun researching different products and brands, I came across lenovo's thinkpads/ideapads and whateverpads, which seem like possible options.
The laptop will mainly be used in class and as a workstation. What are some possible laptop and hardware options that will increase productivity and performance issues when dealing with multiple large applications and processes?
Having a decent GPU is always a bonus, but it is not priority number 1.
My budget is around 1200-1500$.
Thank you for your time and any suggestions are welcome!

Sturnips12

Estimable
Dec 27, 2015
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Sturnips12 : "Best workstation laptop for productivity and minor gaming ?"

Hello all! I'm needing to get a laptop for school/work very soon and was hoping to get some of your suggestions to help me make my decision. I haven't looked into new PC and laptop hardware in ages and im just now discovering "2 in 1s" and some of the more recent technology. As I've shortly begun researching different products and brands, I came across lenovo's thinkpads/ideapads and whateverpads, which seem like possible options.
The laptop will mainly be used in class and as a workstation. What are some possible laptop and hardware options that will increase productivity and performance issues when dealing with multiple large applications and processes?
Having a decent GPU is always a bonus, but it is not priority number 1.
My budget is around 1200-1500$.
Thank you for your time and any suggestions are welcome!

loraalkhara

Prominent
Oct 31, 2017
Hey, from my experience any laptop with an i7 - 16gb ram and a decent GPU has all what you want and is capable of doing anything. I would recommend Lenovo for the fact of they are the best laptops you can ever get (i own 10 Lenovo laptops around my house

okcnaline

Honorable
Herald
Nov 17, 2013

Which majors and software will you be using?