ChaoticShadow

Commendable
Mar 19, 2016
Basically, I need a laptop that I can take to my classes, although it won't be on for the entire 7-ish hours. Probably, about 3 or 4 hours, but maximum 5 hours.

This isn't for stuff like hours and hours of note-taking, BUT I WILL NOT BE PLAYING ANY GAMES ON IT EITHER. (But I will develop and prototype some) My intention is to be doing things like running a few VMs (perhaps simultaneously), but mostly developing programs and using it for my AP Comp Sci class. Of course, I will use it for other subjects (presentations, diagrams, notes, video editing) but it won't be that intensive. Only intensive tasks are: VMs, programming and running my creations, etc.

Storage is not an issue, as long as it has a reasonably fast SSD I am fine. If it has at least 128 GB but preferably 256 GB of fast storage I will be okay with it. (I plan on getting a fast external SSD)

I will also appreciate Thunderbolt 3/USB Type-C.

Budget is currently unknown, as long as it isn't too crazy. (I would prefer a price between 1000 and 2000, or around 1500 but only if the price is justified)

I went and found a few laptops that I think would work out great for me:

Asus UX501 (But I don't know what to do with the reflective screen)

Razer Blade 14 (My preferred size was 15 inches but the build quality seems great. Overpriced?)

Dell XPS 15 (This also seems a bit pricey, with mediocre specs, but nice build quality)

I previously wanted the GL552, but since it was too flashy and gamer-oriented, I wasn't allowed to get it. While the Razer Blade 14 is by a company for gamers, many people are reporting that it is a great productivity laptop.

Between those three, which would be the best laptop for my needs?
For the Dell XPS 15, which configuration? (If it is the "best" laptop for my needs)

Also, if you have any suggestions you think are better please list them!

THANKS IN ADVANCE! :)