Solved! Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro and Loxjie p20 not working... what am I doing wrong?

carter.gerhardt1206

Commendable
Jul 15, 2018
I recently bought the Beyerdynamic DT 990 pros and the Loxjie p20 Amp... I plugged the headphones into the front and plugged the amp into the computer with a 3.5 mm to 2-male RCA adapter cable. The amp is powered and is working but my computer doesn't detect that the amp is even plugged into it. I've tried every 3.5 mm jack in my computer and none of them work.

Solution
The Loxjie has menus to select the input, output, and volume. Since you are using the RCA input select the unbalanced input. Select the unbalanced output for the 1/4" phone jack. Then select volume to adjust the headphone level.
Then make sure that the amp/headphones work by connecting your phone to it instead of the computer.
The stereo audio output jack is lime green. Check your audio control panel to make sure it's selected as your audio output.
The Loxjie has menus to select the input, output, and volume. Since you are using the RCA input select the unbalanced input. Select the unbalanced output for the 1/4" phone jack. Then select volume to adjust the headphone level.
Then make sure that the amp/headphones work by connecting your phone to it instead of the computer.
The stereo audio output jack is lime green. Check your audio control panel to make sure it's selected as your audio output.

Last edited:
Solution

carter.gerhardt1206

Commendable
Jul 15, 2018
Ok, I got them to work, but now my left ears side is completely overpowering the right side. I tried leveling them out in the audio control panel but at the point that I level them out its just to quiet to hear anything. My right ear is barely making any noise. I've also noticed that when I mess with the cord, the right side will cut in and then out again.

I recently bought the Beyerdynamic DT 990 pros and the Loxjie p20 Amp... I plugged the headphones into the front and plugged the amp into the computer with a 3.5 mm to 2-male RCA adapter cable. The amp is powered and is working but my computer doesn't detect that the amp is even plugged into it. I've tried every 3.5 mm jack in my computer and none of them work.

Your computer won't detect the amp, all it does it boost the signal from the computer, it's not a device the computer sees like a DAC.