Bi amping - speaker gauge

iduhfuse66

Honorable
Apr 30, 2013
Hi guys, I have a pair of polk rti10 loudspeakers and was wondering if bi amping them with different size speaker gauge would be detrimental. For instance, 14 gauge AWG for the upper section and 12 gauge AWG for the lower section. Any cons?

Solution
different gauges = different thickness. Shouldn't damage anything. However, bi-amping such thick gauges may not even work (for example, my older speaker system wouldn't bi-amp two left speakers with 14 gauge copper, had to run out and get 16-gauge to get it to work). Check the (for lack of better terms) holes to see if they're big enough to support such high gauge copper strands.

PCBuilderProbs

Estimable
Mar 24, 2015
different gauges = different thickness. Shouldn't damage anything. However, bi-amping such thick gauges may not even work (for example, my older speaker system wouldn't bi-amp two left speakers with 14 gauge copper, had to run out and get 16-gauge to get it to work). Check the (for lack of better terms) holes to see if they're big enough to support such high gauge copper strands.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS