Solved! BIOS Update Toshiba L630

Squizzy50

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017
I have a Toshiba L630 PSK60A-00E003 running Windows 10. I wish to upgrade the BIOS and some other drivers however the Toshiba site does not give me an option to select Windows 10. Where can I download the best BIOS for this machine running Win 10, Pentium 6100 processor, 8Gb RAM. Also, if I upgrade the processor to an i3-390M will I need to update the BIOS again. Regards Vic

Solution
You can try running it from the Windows 8 setup, if it runs it should work fine. Or create a boot disk and run the files manually. The download should have instructions on how to do that. You also want to make sure the CPU upgrade will work for you, either find someone online that stated it works or check with the vendor, but they are not likely to offer support for that older laptop or even have info they can find on what CPU can be used with it.
You can try running it from the Windows 8 setup, if it runs it should work fine. Or create a boot disk and run the files manually. The download should have instructions on how to do that. You also want to make sure the CPU upgrade will work for you, either find someone online that stated it works or check with the vendor, but they are not likely to offer support for that older laptop or even have info they can find on what CPU can be used with it.

Solution

Squizzy50

Commendable
Jan 21, 2017
Thanks Hang..I got it sorted in a round-a-bout way. The Win 8.1-64 Bit Bios works and Intel gave me some advice re-the CPU so the Pentium P6100 is being replaced with a i5-560M. Its all good.